Another cheery video for the kids on jw.dork

by konceptual99 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Wow.. how do ordinary window cleaning brothers manage to get such work in high end design and animation studios when acquiring the basic qualifications for working in such a field are thoroughly disapproved by the organisation and can cost you all your privileges for years to come?

Here in the UK for example:

Most animators have a degree or an HNC/HND.

Many universities and colleges throughout the UK offer courses in animation and other relevant art and design courses. Skillset, in consultation with the industry and education providers, has endorsed the following courses:

• HND in Art & Design (Computer Animation) and Degree in Animation at the Glamorgan Centre for Art & Design
    • Degree in Animation Production at the Arts Institute at Bournemouth
    • Degree in Computer Visualisation and Animation at Bournemouth University
    • Degree in Animation at the University of Wales, Newport
    • Degree in Animation at University College for the Creative Arts at Farnham
    • Degree in Computer Animation at the University of Teesside.

Entry requirements vary and candidates are advised to check with individual institutions. However, in general, in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, many people do a foundation course in art and design before starting a degree course. Typical qualifications required are five GCSEs/S grades (A-C/1-3), and sometimes an A level/H grade.

In Scotland, many degree courses last four years, with an introductory year rather than an art foundation year.

For degree courses, applicants usually need a minimum of two A levels/three H grades and five GCSEs/S grades (A-C/1-3), or equivalent qualifications.

For HND courses, typical entry requirements are one A level/two H grades in art and design subjects, or a BTEC national certificate/diploma in a relevant subject, or equivalent.

In the USA:

Education

Animators working in 3D often have a bachelor's degree and multiple certificates in important software tools. At a university, a 3D animator may major in design or computer engineering. Design programs at major schools such as the School of Visual Arts in New York City allow students to learn the overall knowledge of the design field and then specialize in animation, advertising or other areas. When you are starting out or working freelance, certificates acknowledging your mastery of important software such as Adobe Creative Suite, modo, Softimage or AutoCAD are key.

Perhaps you can learn all this from reading the Awake! magazine so you can Animate where the need is greater.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh no, here we go again! Time for WingCommander to "Blondiesize" this mess of a video. Ready? Here we go!

00:34: Where does it all start? The GOVERNING BODY!! You heard it here first, this shit doesn't come from Jehovah or even thru Jesus, it's right from the Governing Body's ass to your spiritual plate. Enjoy! Growing up, I never even knew (1) Governing Body member's name. (Humility, anyone?) Today, they are in video's and pimping themselves out like Neo-Popes. Worship these glorious ones, or be tosssed on your ass! Incredible.

00:54: Here we see that Caleb's dark-skinned mother is actually a pale white woman. Surprise, surprise! I'm very happy to see that they are using the appropriate Sony MDR-V6 studio headphones for optimal clarity. It's actually what I'm wearing to listen to this crap right now! Oh, the irony. Jehovah provides, ya know!

1:20+ : Here we see animators at work. Where did these Bethel people come from? This takes extensive "worldly" training, so I'm a bit confused? Higher education is completely "frowned upon", so where did these people get this specialized education, and why are they seemingly rewarded for doing so, by being allowed in Bethel? Is there an Awake! I missed detailing 3D computer animation?

2:00: Here we see a 3D Caleb's dad. I want to see the REAL Caleb's dad shown. I've often wandered if it wasn't the same poor sap who did the Org's anti-masterbation video? Wonder if we'll ever see a "how it was made" video on that one? Hahahahahahaha!

2:50: Paradise Earth isn't here yet like we said it would be 30 years ago, so here is a substitute animated Paradise for your children's mental displeasure. Enjoy suckers! Don't forget to send in that monthly tith!

3:13: Now, I'm truly impressed. It sure is nice to SEE where all of those donations my family made throughout the years was going to. Not building Kingdom Halls or feeding orphans or widows....NOPE! It was going into creating this elaborate studio for pumping out Cult propoganda. Children wearing Sennheiser studio monitor headphones? Those headphones and studio mics cost more than my car + mortgage every month! Only the best for the guys at the top! In the 1980's, my father was in charge of our congregation's sound system, etc. Many times, he made improvements to it by buying the better mics and accessories himself! No congregation funds were allotted to him. Incredible.

3:39: Please let me see that masturbation video guy signing for the children! Where's he at? Probably hiding in the closet, dying from embarassement.

3:54: "This series......teaches them more than just right or wrong." Correct....it's teaching them loyalty to an Organization and it's leaders above God and Jesus. Jesus has yet to be mentioned in this video.....but the Governing Body got their due right at the beginning!

4:30: Caleb wants to be Jehovah's friend. Isn't that nice? Odd, considering that we aren't even supposed to refer to ourselves as the Bible does, as his "children". Jesus isn't even our Mediator, according to JW doctrine. We aren't his friends according to JW doctrine, we are sheep, POSSESSIONS of the Slave Class (Governing Body). How can your OverLords be your friends? They are your MASTERS, and that is the lesson that is really being taught. Listen, obey, and be blessed. Anything else, and you are out on your ass Caleb.

- Wing Commander

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Anthony the Turd loves the (new) lights...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's impressive... if the person has never seen other animated TV programs or Movies. Even that promotional video struck me as, "I've seen stuff like this already."

The problems for WT with videos is that they would need to make a lot more, a lot faster, if they want to keep people's attention. As much as the GB wish the sheeple would watch their videos every night, that doesn't happen. Kids have a greater interest in watching something or hearing the same story over and over, but that only goes so far.

So is Caleb never going to grow up? Will he be like Bart Simpson and always stay the same age?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I swear the animation is contracted out. I suspect a studio in Montreal or France.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"an animated series of videos to help children apply Bible principles."

I learned a boatload of Bible priciples from this video. Thank you, Jehovahâ„¢, for making really cheesy videos instead of doing anything important that really matters.

"It has been found that the best way to insure implicit obedience is to commence tyranny in the nursery" -- Benjamin Disreli

• ambersun
    ambersun

Liitle children be warned! That smiley faced kind looking man acting like Walt Disney, handing Caleb the sheet of paper at the beginning of the video, is not who he seems.

He is actually a very cold, calculating leader of a cult who will put pressure on your parents to

force you into baptism before your 16th birthday by depriving you of a driving licence unless you comply and do the deed.

He will then order your parents to throw you out of the house and shun you when you behave like a normal teenager and break one of Watchtower's multitude of draconian rules forbidding such things as independent thinking or having sex. You will be thrown out into a world you are totally unprepared for with no family or friends to turn to as they will all treat you as though you are dead. There will be no mercy. Mercy is forbidden as it would indicate disloyalty to Jehovah on behalf of the family member or friend showing compassion towards tou. Even your own MOTHER.

Caleb is a cartoon character and will never grow up and face this nightmare scenario but you will.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ADCMS, great quote from Disraeli. I'd not heard that before. It's obviously the GB's mantra.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

It made me sick to. They start it right from the time they are born and never let up. If they hire outside it makes me wonder how they can stand to put out this nonscense.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Is this what the 'Truth' has come to....Clowns, Balloons, Cartoons and Animation??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit