Dilemma

by Gorbatchov 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby and his lovely wife had during dinner a chat about watchtower hypocrisy.

She faded with me since 2007 and shows sometimes affection for the organization.

We talked about the GB and Ray Franz.

She asked me if she could read my Ray Franz books.

Now I have a dilemma. The books gave me a hard time in the '90.

I know the Ray Franz truth can hurt and shock her so much. And can even hurt family life.

What to do?

Gorby

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If she asked, then you should honor her request IMO. She has a right to read them when she wants to. She may be stronger than you thinik!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe reading both his books are very healing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I cannot see any possible downside to her reading the books, except what happened to all of us, we had our eyes forced wide open,and we felt betrayed by the W.T,and we felt we now were alone in making our decisions.

Your lovely wife has been betayed and lied to by the W.T.

Once her eyes are truly open she will have to decide what to do, but she is not alone in that, she has you, the man who is loyal and true and loves her.

get her to read EVERYTHING !

• tornapart
    tornapart

Let her read CoC first. I read it still believing it was 'God's organisation'. Once I'd finished I knew it wasn't. SfCF sealed it. At least she has you to support her once she realises it's all false. It's much harder when you have no-one.

All the best Gorby

• prologos
    prologos

No request can be denied to Beautiful Raisa.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Gorbatchov, As long as you are tell her first about your concerns and how it changed your feelings, let her read them, or read them to her so that you can talk about each others feelings. She may also appreciate you reading the books to her, so that she can continue to say that she doesn't read apostate materials.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• pbrow
    pbrow

I would agree with the healing comments.... I have tried to get my mother and some friends who are out but still think "its the closest thing" to the truth.

You are hammered w/ so much black and white that its good to see in print that you can disagree respectfully and still have love for your god.

pbrow

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

She'll probably 'jump your bones' because you will bring her so much joy and extasy. Ray's books were the best things that happened to me on the road to freedom.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• done4good
    done4good

There is no dilemma here.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit