At RC, Splane says 1000+ new KH's needed, last year only "60" new one's built.

by oppostate 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oppostate
    oppostate

So there are now regular, full time "construction servants" and their help is much needed along with regional RBC volunteers, who better get working because over a thousand KH's are needed and last year only sixty were built by the U.S. Branch.

Splane also said that just with the new baptized this weekend all over the U.S. we had one whone new circuit, so we better put more work into building needed Kingdom Halls.

• designs
    designs

Roll out the ATMs...

• blondie
    blondie

So in your area, what KHs need to be remodeled or renovated. There hasn't been a new congregation in this area for almost 20 years and I live in a fairly large urban area.

• Listener
    Listener

I wonder how many were sold in the same time and never been replaced.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Last year my mother in laws KH was sold, they share a hall 20 miles away, and there was supposed to be a new one built. So far, nothing.

• Focus
    Focus

They are selling the KHs for two reasons-

1) Cheaper to run the scam mainly online now.

2) Real estate is highly illiquid - they are terrified of the avalanche of lawsuits to come.

__

Focus

("Lawsuits" Class)

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Lol. They need a whole new circuit for those baptized. Maybe thats why come september they are dissolving 2 circuits in my area.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/270426/1/Two-circuits-in-Ohio-dissolved#.U7qdMNq9KSM

• Listener
    Listener

Nonjwspouse, that is exactly what happened to a congregation in Australia. It was just over a year ago. They were told they needed a bigger hall because it couldn't hold all the people attending the Memorial.

This was in an area that had low JW numbers originally because it was in a quiet area. It wasn't until about 20 years ago that they had enough members able to put the money together to build their own hall. Prior to that they were renting an old hall owned by another religion. It had no heating or air conditioning, no carpeting and hard wooden benches.

The hall was built in a very desireable location and sold for a lot of money, there would have been more than enough to build a hall twice the size on another plot of land in the area.

Now the members have to travel 20kms further and attend meetings at a more unsuitable time to fit in with the other congregations using the same hall.

Not everyone agreed to the sale, I know of at least one person that voted against it. It just didn't make sense.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Locally, in the past 5 years, I've seen a few congregations being re-orged or merged or dissolved.

With less than 1% growth in the US...and I suspect in English congergations, a slow decline...this makes no sense that 1000+ KHs are needed.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The "growth" is always somewhere you're not!

Because of the internet and forums like this, their scam has been revealed. This is just one more reason the WT leadership continues to instruct the R&F NOT to look at "apostate" websites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit