Do You Give Personal Information About Yourself On This Site?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

Love that tag number!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I've had email contact with a couple of people here, which started with PMs. Really nice people and I had no problem telling my real name after a short while. I also posted a picture of myself somewhere on the forum (in a topic of mr. Flipper).

But I do make sure that my real name isn't on the forum and I wouldn't want to be exposed by a Google search that I'm a participant of this forum.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've mentioned one or two personal things about myself here (in posts or PMs).

I figure if someone really wanted to (and knew the real-world Me), he wouldn't have too much trouble putting together who I am; but in the context of the XJW community, I'm pretty small potatoes.

On the whole, though, I'm fairly discreet simply out of personal habit, rather than fear of being outed.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've given my name out to people in PMs. I've also posted pictures of myself on this site. I'm past the point of caring whether I'm 'outed' or not. If I don't give out information, it has more to do with security.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a dub).

Yes I have, including name and address. I think it was to do with being anti-religion, including anti-islam.

Some things in the past to be ashamed of, of course, (who hasn't?) but nothing to hide. I am who I am and I'm happy with that.

And I completely understand why dubs going through the exit process need to maintain confidentiality.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I've contacted quite a few through PMs. If their posting history looks like they're probably not an axe murderer I'll reach out.

om

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ok, my real name is Steve, i know that it's a unique name but I don't mind if you call me Steve. What the hell, my dear old mom calls me Steve so it must be ok.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

To the red dot named minimus....I limit my personal information to a "de minimus" level.

I actually have met some great people through this site. Had lunch with Besty a few months back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit