Hello All

by Jeremiah1958 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Hi Jeremiah1958!

Just been on a motorbike your of southern Ireland, had lovely scones in o'sullivans. Tralee is a lovely place. Sorry about the family situation, standing up for the truth takes guts. Much respect to you!

GA

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Jeremiah1958, You are in a beautiful part of the world. How are things, in Glooca Morra? lol

I am sorry your wife felt she needed to be loyal to a cult, instead of you. It must be very painful. And you have 3 daughters caught up in it all, as well.

I am glad you found us. Welcome.

LL

PS The good news is if you are free for the following weekend, July 11th, and can catch a plane out, you are just in time for Flipper's Great Northern California Camp Out, held annually at South Lake Tahoe.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Welcome Jeremiah!

My situation was similar to you, but I have moved a bit further, all of my family is out now, except my wife to whom I have been married in 40 years. She doesn´t want to listen to my apostases junk still. But I can see in her eyes that she knows that I am right.

Bugbear

• outforever
    outforever

welcome to the site - Freedom! Freedom!

• Jeremiah1958
    Jeremiah1958

Thank you all for the great wellcome and I am so glad to be free of the cult. We can make a huge difference by continually highlighting the inequities (jw speak!) of this rotten cult. I wish all the very best that real life has to offer, it is brilliant to see so many young people wake up.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for sharing your story. Whether you become a regular poster, or become more of a lurker like myself, you will find much support/good advice on this forum.

Shunning is cruel and anti-Christian.

Jehovah didn't even shun Satan (Job chapters 1 & 2).

Jesus didn't shun Satan either (Matthew chapter 4).

We 'apostates' must be worse than the devil himself!

You're currently denied access to your family, but you sound strong and positive.

Despite all of that you describe yourself as "free".

That's great to hear. I feel exactly the same, yet for years I had a phobia of what bad things could happen to me if I were to ever leave "Jehovah's organisation".

You descibe yourself as 'sentient, able to make your own decisions'. They're not qualities that a JW should possess. It was probably only a matter of time before you worked it out for yourself. Good for you.

John Cedars website has been a great help to me too.

Stay strong, and please keep sharing your thoughts and experiences.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome Jerry Good to have you with us

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you found us. I am sorry your family feels that they must shun you, that is very sad. Maybe someday one or more of your children will come around, you never know.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi Jerry, welcome to this forum, which has helped me begin to recover from the WT cult mind-control.

It's sad on one hand that you had to get out of the cult without your family, but wonderful on the other hand to attain freedom of thinking and living.

I've never been to Ireland but I feel connected, as I have a great-great-great grandfather from there and my most favorite writer was Irish.

Marina

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit