Confidential News from Spain from an "Insider"

by AndersonsInfo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/confidential-news-from-spain/

The following email was sent to Watchtower Documents recently from a Witness “insider” in Spain.

Congratulations for all the information you have given on the legal framework of the Watchtower.

In Spain, the Watchtower is following the instructions coming from Patterson that works exclusively with the law firm Baker & McKenzie. The Spain branch attempted to negotiate a NO SOCIAL SECURITY REGISTRATION, but lost the case as well as the lawsuit where the Plaintiff claimed plagiarism by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

[Here's a link to a discussion on JWN about one of the issues with the Spanish government that WT apparently appealed and recently lost. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/175340/1/Letter-from-Spanish-Branch-regarding-Governing-Bodys-decision#.U7SNIekg_L8]

[Here's a link to a discussion on JWN about the plagiarism case: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/209252/1/News-from-Spain-WT-in-court-soon-for-unlawful-use-of-a-photograph#.U7SOf-kg_L8]

Go to www.watchtowerdocuments.org for the rest of the "News from Spain." Or click on http://watchtowerdocuments.org/confidential-news-from-spain/

Barbara

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Alot to chew on.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, that should happen everywhere, especially here in the good ol' US of A.

I wonder how Obama-care relates to all the Bethel "volunteers"?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wow! Thanks for the update! It has always angered me how they do not take care of their aging bethel volunteers, and do not provide any type of retirement fund for them. It is also a way to make the old timers "tow the line". If they are disfellowshipped, they are thrown out on their ear without a dime to their name.

I wonder how Obama-care relates to all the Bethel "volunteers"?

I would love to know the answer to this. I have read a lot about the AHC law, but I have not delved into how it affects an entity like the Watchtower with thousands of volunteers. I'll see if someone else has already done the research.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wow, the WT is worse than Walmart,

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Bethelites get free health care as long as they are bethelites. If they have a moderately expensive health issue, suddenly, they are told to leave bethel unless they are high up the food chain.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Wow, the WT is worse than Walmart

Atleast with Walmart you have a chance to move up to managemant and make a living. In addition those long term Bethlites could end up having no social security or a very modest check.

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is off topic from the OP, but here is info about the definition of bona fide volunteers under the ACA. I wonder if providing meals, room and board causes them to fall outside of this definition.

Bethelites get free health care

Is it within the confines of a qualified health plan though? I thought they just get services at the facility, not at hospitals?

• sir82
    sir82

Bethelites get free health care

Is it within the confines of a qualified health plan though? I thought they just get services at the facility, not at hospitals?

Bethel is self-insured.

They have mini-clinics and doctors, even dentists, on staff for routine cases.

For anything more serious, such as surgery, Bethelites would have to go to a"worldly" hospital. Costs are borne by the WTS out of their general funds. Or maybe they have a dedicated fund for that - not sure. Anyways, no health insurance is involved.

And yes, if Joe Average-Bethelite develops a condition that will be expensive to treat (cancer, lupus, etc.) it's out-the-door-you-go.

• fulano
    fulano

No it has to do with seniority, nothing with so called importance. 15 years Bethel or missionary, they Will Hardly ask you to leave.

That's according to the missionary book which we had to read and sign every year. And I have seen it in the practice.

Don't say things without knowledge please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit