Android or iPad? Help please.

by Xanthippe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It seems I am going to have to teach people to use a tablet as part of my job and I don't even have one! Any advice would be most helpful please.

I keep reading blurb on amazon etc and now I'm really confused. What should I buy? Thanking you in anticipation.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

If it's for work you may have to buy both! But IMO the iPad is extremely easy to use.

• Splash
    Splash

I use android, my wife uses iPad.

I got her the iPad mini because its easier to use, and having used it myself I think its a beautiful tablet - smooth and flawless.

By comparison my nexus 7 android is less simple, the apps less smooth and sometimes less reliable.

Saying that, I'm very happy with my android and prefer its configurabiity.

Splash

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Both operating systems are similar and the learning curve is the same. With iOS you commit to one brand (Apple) and compatibility with other non Apple devices is limited. Android OS is found in many brands of smartphones and tablets. These devices are all compatible with each other, including Windows PCs to share content such as photos, music and videos. If you're already using a Mac or own an iPhone, go for an iPad. If you own a PC or a smartphone go for a Android tablet. I love my Galaxy Tab S and my Galaxy S5 phone...but Apple products are great too, but remember that you are limited to the Apple devices with iOS.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

do you want to janitor your tablet and deal with lousy buggy crashy apps? Get an android tablet. do you want something that just works? Get an iPad.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

iPad ... no question.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

To BBs point. You can't expect a $99 no name Android tablet to perform like a $699 Apple device...so if you want performance get a tablet from a well known brand...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have an iPad, my father just bought a Nexus.

He loves it, but it really is no less expensive than an iPad (I think it was about $500).

I like the iPad, but for my purposes, a laptop would have been better. That being said, a nexus doesnt compare to a laptop either. So. . . .

If you need a tablet, get the iPad.

Final answer!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

After purchasing multiple android tablets, I went with iPad finally a couple years back. Why? It just worked. All the time. I've had very few hiccups with it. Apple reviews every single app that goes on their (unless you jailbreak it), so you're almost ensured having quality. Android, however, is not that way. If you do decide to go with Android, do not go cheap. Go with a Samsung model (there's several to choose from). Samsung seems to be among the best out there among Android tablets.

Oh, yeah... After multiple issues with my wife's Android, I took her to the store to "try out" an iPad mini for just a few minutes. Those few minutes paid off. She was sold and hasn't had any issues whatsoever with it, unlike the Android, where I was constantly "fixing" it for her.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

It's not possible to use the apple tablet as phone (unless you use skype). No possibility to upgrade with sd-cards (for more space).

With some android tablets (samsung or HP) you can phone. SD-Cards possible - easy filetransfer and data exchange

Just my 2cents (using ipad and android devices)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit