Getting really for three days in hell

by cookiemaster 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

What country are you IN ?? why do you have to go ??

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

That is very bad. Where is this place?? I am in the UK as well.

My mum is travelling up to Twickenham in a few weeks. I don't envy her.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The reasons you 'won't be able to attend' this convention are only limited by your imagination. A sudden attack of 'anal fissures' would be an excellent reason not to sit at a convention for three days. Come on.....you can surely think up SOME excuse not to attend. Even if 'family' is the reason you 'have' to go, a splitting 3-day migraine after the Friday session should enable you to forego the other two days. Or at least stay in the presumably air-conditioned hotel room during the day.

• nugget
    nugget

The relief I'm feeling right now at not having to go is huge. I wouldhave had to decline as my son can't cope with the heat, cramped conditions, bright light and feedback from the sound system.

• Laika
    Laika

My mum is travelling up to Twickenham in a few weeks. I don't envy her.

Mine too Quelly, along with my sister, my sister wants me to go with her, stuff that!

'but surely you want to see the drama?'

'No, I really, really don't.'

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

where the hell is this hell hole ? sounds nothing less then a nightmare

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Getting really for three days in hell? It's said that posters who are this sloppy with their spelling and proof-reading are just as sloppy at wiping their ass.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

This is a prison you CAN walk away from. Why lie about a medical condition-tell the truth! Those money-grubbing Watchtower liars and thieves could provide better conditions. You know it, I know it. Walk away. Set the example.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Yadda Yadda2 - Hahah, please forgive universal guardian of spelling ! I have a couple of excuses. I have a form of dyslexia, it was 2 AM and English is my second language, so don't pick on me.

The rest - I have to go because of my family. I can't make up an excusse because I'm the only one with a driver's license and that thing is in the middle of nowhere. There aren't even any busses that go there. So I have to drive them. It won't be all bad as I expect to meet an old highschool friend (also a JW and not buying the bullshit), and we'll spend the entire convention sitting next to each other and making fun of all the stupid shit the speakers say, making fun of cult propaganda and other forms of WT ridiculousness. At least I won't have to go through it alone. But if he won't come, then it will really be hell.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Well, Cookiemaster, make the best of it and be careful driving and everything else. We care for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit