Something I need to clear up about the bible - It is not a BRONZE AGE BOOK!

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I heard you were easy. What's this "buy you dinner first" nonsense?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Easy, sure.

Cheap, not so much.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

My mistake.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

To the OP, thank you for clarifying; the Iron Age is so much more relevant to our life in the 21st Century. I stand corrected and will no longer refer to the Bible as just a "Bronze Age" book.

From this point henceforth, I will more accurately refer to it as a collection of writings from the Stone/Bronze/Iron Age. That is so much better, don't you think?

It also ties in nicely with my musical tastes, as I am a fan of all forms of rock, particularly metal.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "I am a fan of all forms of rock, particularly metal."

Even Apocalyptic Christian Metal?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Vidiot: Even Apocalyptic Christian Metal?

Ok, you're right. I do have my limits!!!

Actually, "Christian Metal" bands always cracked me up. I mean, how ironic, they imitate bands that seems all "Satanic" as far as the look, feel and sound of the music and change the words to be about Jesus.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "'Christian Metal' bands always cracked me up. I mean, how ironic, they imitate bands that seems all 'Satanic' as far as the look, feel and sound of the music and change the words to be about Jesus."

Ditto; I always found that weird, too.

I pulled the "Apocalyptic" sub-genre out of my ass for a laugh and an excuse to use the Rock-On explosion pic ...

...you know, Christian Metal specifically about the End Times (like there are sub-genres and sub-sub-genres of mainstream metal).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Vidiot: like there are sub-genres and sub-sub-genres of mainstream metal

I actually prefer pre-Apocalyptic, post-Rapture Screamo-Speed Metal myself, particularly when composed and performed by Jews for Jesus from the lower East Side of Manhattan. It has a certain je ne sais quoi that you just can't get anywhere else.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LOL!

Know what's really funny?

In a bizarre way, I think Apocalyptic Christian Metal could actually find a niche market; I mean, think about it - the whole book of Revelation is every metal album cover by Frank Frazetta, ever.

The CD could have 22 tracks, each song based on a chapter. Then after it streets, the band could fake their death and spread an internet rumor that their murder was orchestrated by shadowy agents of the Antichrist.

They could even use the final track for the end credits of Nicholas Cage's Left Behind reboot movie.

Lets see...

...what woud be some good song titles based on their respective chapters?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Vidiot: after it streets, the band could fake their death and spread an internet rumor that their murder was orchestrated by shadowy agents of the Antichrist.

No, no, no. They didn't die; they were raptured!

Vidiot: Lets see ... what woud be some good song titles based on their respective chapters?

I Will Vomit You Out of My Mouth - Revelation 3:16 (The other John 3:16)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit