Something I need to clear up about the bible - It is not a BRONZE AGE BOOK!

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Let's be technical. The Bronze age ended in 1200 BCE in devoloped places and later ... aroun 900-800 in other places. Indeed read 1 Samuel 13's ending.

The Bible was produced NOT ONE TINY BIT in the bronze age. (The only parts that might date then is Ps 29.... which is heavely revised and the Song of the Sea.

The rest is :

IRON AGE!

Get it right.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

and?

It depends on what you are considering: when it was allegedly written, or the events during the time periods it allegedly recounts.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

No..YOU get it right, nobody says the bible is bronze age, in reference to christianity ..."Bronze Age beliefs"...is commonly used.

The bible is plagirism of bronze age beliefs... with new names and locations.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

And i'm pissed off.

Many vocal atheist (I admit i am on this board) show holes in Christian reasonings quickly. Sadly this is a such a common lie that i've seen Bill Maher use it on TV.

The Bible being a bronze age book is actually something Christians claim. Moses wrote this thing. Note true and I can disprove that with one word:

Goshen.... an Egyptian Provance from 671-400BCE or so.... <<< Bronze age?....Christians have NO response to that!

That people who claim they have studied and found out the bible is not god's words AND STILL CALL IT A BRONZE AGE BOOK are just as bad in ways.

The book is IRON AGE down through to the second century CE

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

How to win friends and influence people.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Snare:Good Point. Thanks

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Bible was written well after the reported events in it by oral stories that were passed down, hence one of the reasons the accuracy of the Bible is questioned.

The Bronze Age is somewhere around 3000-1200 BCE.

Most religious people believe that the Genesis account was about 6,000 years ago. It is believed Abraham was born 1800 BCE. These would be part of the Bronze Age. The OT beliefs are from that era; the writing of said beliefs occurred later.

• NotNew
    NotNew

I'm so sorry...please forgive all who thought wrongly! Not the first time this has been addressed on the web!

Not Bronze Age Myths – let’s end this misleading cliche

SW

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

But the stuff is from the stone age.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

NotNew, though it was written down in the Iron age, the beliefs are bronze age, i.e. monotheism, man woman and snake, sacrifice blood for forgivness, flood story etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit