Another PR / marketing website for a JW international convention - this time Seattle

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

What I think is supposed to be the space needle in the Seattle logo looks more like a cross to me. Funny.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The hotels look very grand , by our standards anyway. Things have certainly changed along the way....

I just wanna say that the Seattle hotels on the website must be reserved ONLY for the INTERNATIONAL delegates. The approved hotel list we all got does NOT have ANY hotels in downtown Seattle. Don't recall Bellevue. But definitely NOT Seattle. I looked several times. I've stayed at the Sheraton. Quite a nice place. A bit overpriced. When the President comes into town and stays over, it's at the Westin.

• sir82
    sir82

I just wanna say that the Seattle hotels on the website must be reserved ONLY for the INTERNATIONAL delegates. The approved hotel list we all got does NOT have ANY hotels in downtown Seattle.

Well of course.

International delegates are wealthy enough for international overseas travel and have the means to take 2 or 3 weeks off work for an extended vacation. The WTS undobtedly made a "hard sell" to the Seattle visitors & convention bureau promising $X per delegate to be pumped into the local economy.

The international visitors are $$$ VIPs.

Local JWs are viewed as "cheap" by comparison. The WTS doesn't care about them nearly so much, so they get the Motel 6's and the Econolodges out in the suburbs.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have the Melbourne promotional video too...

I just dont know how to upload it to the site!...sorry...

It is full of cliches and corny sound etc...

The staduim to be used is sponsered by Ethiad (airlines)...so the corny comment is made in the DVD "Ethiad, which means "unity" in Arabic is a fitting name for the stadium as we enjoy our convention...blah blah..."

I wonder how Ethiad feels about that link!?

• SAHS
    SAHS

I wonder if the tour on something like this in New York includes the United Nations headquarters building, where they probably might see some sort of plaque saying something like “Watchtower was here!”

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh those videos. Attempting to make embroidery sound interesting.....or the "gift basket preview".

Oh man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit