Another PR / marketing website for a JW international convention - this time Seattle

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Here is the link: http://seattledelegates.org/

I would guess this is the wave of the future. A secondary channel of business revenue for the WTS - compensation for recommending restaurants, tours, etc. in international convention cities.

I'm sure Jesus would have been thrilled to visit the Space Needle if he'd had the good fortune to be born 2000 years later.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Are all conventions doing this or is it just Seattle? Seattle seems to have a rich amount of JW's to support this.

I think one of my cousins is putting together some song mix CD for the delegates which I thought was rather

strange since she's using worlding songs and not JW songs.

Is there only one convention held at Husky Stadium?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Happy 4th of July!

Enjoy it in your suits and dresses sitting outside on hard stadium seats for 8 hours a day.

• sir82
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Congregations are now being invited to assist in the initial cleaning of Husky Stadium on Thursday, July 3rd starting at 9:00 a.m. Due to the compressed schedule, all who come on that day must be focused on working while at the stadium. No young children will be allowed. Workers must be at least 16 years old, although those 13-15 will be permitted if working directly with their parent."

So a child of 6 or 8 years old qualifies for baptism (a lifelong "contract")....but isn't considered old enough or mature enough to clean the stadium as slave labor? Really?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

These are the International Conventions. Seattle is hosting one next weekend. I'll be there. Yay me!!!

Actually, this site is very useful. The elders in my cong haven't explained things very well regarding parking. This site has done a far better job. So, for what it's worth, I'm grateful someone put it together.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They only expect 37k for attendance, that's low already. I guess they don't have much faith in the brotherhood or its propaganda for when more show up.

• Viva la Vida
  • JeffT
    JeffT

WTF does this mean:

Evening Program

Your evening program of entertainment and association will be held at either the Renaissance Hotel or the Bell Harbor Conference Center at Pier 66. Buses will take you to the program. See your itinerary for the place, date and time.

It's on the website. I've never heard of such a thing.

I live in the Seattle area, I suspect traffic around this is going to be a mess. 300,000 people heading for Gas Works Park for the fireworks show won't help.

• Poztate
    Poztate

How do the delegates get this information ? It does not seem to be linked in any way to jw.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit