Birthdays

by Laika 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Raton said: What happens if you do celebrate a birthday while still in? Also, Happy Birthday!!!!!!

If it is found out, you will likely be 'shepherded'. If you continue and they find out, you are clearly defying Jehovah. If they decide they'd rather not have you because you may 'stumble' the congregation, they'd DF you. At the very least you'd probably start getting treated like crap because you'd be labelled a 'weak Witness'.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Happy birthday laika!

Not only have I never celebrated a birthday (mine or anyone else's) but that's the first time I've ever wished anyone a happy birthday! Glad for you mate!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Good for you Laika, go for it. I have missed 66 birthdays. I still don't know what it is like to have one.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Our first family birthday after leaving the org was our younger daughter's 17th. I bought her a huge card and wrote on it, "You were 1, happy birthday! You were 2, happy birthday! etc all the way up to her 17th. I had to suppress the sobs. How natural to celebrate my beautiful daughter's date of birth! This special day, every year, robbed by the cult. (They want the money usually spent, simple truth of it). Birthdays are a huge deal in our house now.

Many happy returns!

• Laika
    Laika

Thanks again for the birthday wishes.

Having holidays taken away from us really is a tragedy.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, a real tragedy....we have all missed out on a normal part of life by not celebrating accomplishments and milestones each year that we turn a year older...

And as we have said before....why are witnesses allowed to celebrate weddings and wedding anniversarys?

Are these not also promoting too much attention on one couple?

Are they not based on old customs perhaps with false religious origins? (Think wedding rings etc)

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Job 1:13 "And there was a day when (Job's) sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house (on his birthday)". Amplified bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit