Birthdays

by Laika 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

I had my first real birthday party yesterday. There was cake, birthday songs and lots of beer (which I'm currently suffering for...)

Call me an irredeemable pagan, but I was massively excited about this, the whole thing was very special, I got a little emotional and I think my friends must have found it a little strange but it was just nice to be creature worshipped.

When I was a child my parents always used to tell people I didn't miss out by not celebrating my birthday but I did miss out. My parents were generous people and I got a lot of gifts but birthdays are not really about the presents are they? Us born-ins missed out on so much, it's hard not to be angry about that.

What was your first birthday party like?

• Laika
    Laika

Though I am sad to report that nobody got me a human head...

:( Maybe next year.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

wow!

So no one died, and no demons attacked you?

Ive been lied to about birthdays then!

hehe

Glad you had a good time!

AND...here goes something I have never said:......wait for it.....wait for it......

"Happy Birthday!"

Am I going to die now for saying that????

• Laika
    Laika

Thanks stuck. :)

• ambersun
    ambersun

Happy Birthday Laika, so glad you had a nice time.

I got a facebook reminder that it was my JW niece's birthday last week. She has a large family and loads of friends. I posted a carefully worded messages saying I was thinking about her and I hoped she had a nice day. No other messages whatsoever. I returned later to see if anyone else had posted a greeting of some sort to her. I sat looking at her empty page listening to the wind blowing the tumbleweeds around. So sad.

• Raton
    Raton

What happens if you do celebrate a birthday while still in? Also, Happy Birthday!!!!!!

• Laika
    Laika

Thanks guys.

Raton, birthdays are not specifically on the list of disfellowshipping offences but I do think an active JW who celebrated and refused to repent would be dfed. Probably under brazen conduct.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Happy Birthday Laika! I am glad you enjoyed your first celebration.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Happy birthday!! Glad you enjoyed your day.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Happy Birthday to you, Laika!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit