April 23, 1933 - the most significant date of all.

by Focus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

Thanks, Bobcat. They sure worked when I plopped 'em in.

And a few threads I've started are now M.I.A.!

Oh, the Persecution!

"What a sure sign that I am right!" (lol)

__

Focus

("lol" Class)

• Island Man
    Island Man

"3. That we acknowledge as the visible organization of Jehovah on earth the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, and recognize the Society as the channel or instrument through which Jehovah and Christ Jesus give instruction and meat in due season to the household of faith."

The above is a very very very important quote that highlights the cultiness of the organization. Many JWs today try to give the impression that the organization refers to the worldwide brotherhood and the WTBTS is only an instrument of that brotherhood. But the above quoted resolution shows that in reality the term "the organization" really refers to WTBTS.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Focus:

Something strange is happening. Originally, when I clicked on your links I got a message from Chrome that it couldn't find the page. When I deleted the ?page=1 portion of the link it worked.

Now, on both your links and my edited version of your links I get a message from JWN (not from Chrome) that the page cannot be found.

Maybe there is a server problem.(?)

Edited to add:

I noticed from experimenting that if you right-click on the link address and paste it into the address bar, the link has .net rather than .com

Edited to add again:

Viewing the page source, I noticed that the links are .com just as you typed them. I suspect that the JWN software is automatically interpreting "jehovahs-witness.com" as "jehovahs-witness.net" If so, I guess that is something Simon would have to look into.

At any rate, I can access the links.

• Focus
    Focus

Bobcat, there's nothing sinister.

1) I deduce that, for legal reasons, many of the threads started by certain interesting characters (now long gone and best forgotten) were removed, and their posts in other threads were deleted. The person probably requested or demanded it himself.

2) Differing syntaxes (.net and .com versions) and auto-board-code, as you've detected. Do me a favour, please, and put correct versions where you can.

On another topic entirely. Now we've got a few listeners, the game's afoot lower down on:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281308/1/A-precious-gift-to-all-from-Jehovah-channelled-via-Focus#5045463

All sentient ones invited.

__

Focus

("Phase II" Class)

• pronomono
    pronomono

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit