April 23, 1933 - the most significant date of all.

by Focus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

April 23, 1933 - the most significant date of all

Every single one of you will, of course, know the significance of this momentous date in the history of God's People and their "inspired", Ark-like Organization.

Do you know what was the significance of that critical date?

Do not expect the earthly media to provide you with a clue. Google etc. are possessed by Satan the Devil and will only tell you about contraption like electric trolley buses in Dayton, which are not predicted in the Book of Job, coming into service on that date.

So, what was the significance of April 23, 1933?

Shame on you if you do not know. Your keys to the Kingdom will be denied you - you took your eyes off the prize.

I stress that what happened on this specific day - not one day earlier or later - had a thundering effect on the hopes and history of all humankind. As a hint, I will tell you that the answer does not mention, or have any direct connection to, Germany.

I await your responses. Please do not disappoint.

__

Focus

("Holy Year" Class)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Jonadabs were recognized...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Your birthday.

• Focus
    Focus

The Jonadabs were recognized...

lol, but no, Crazyguy.

A very good try - August 15, 1934 was when the "Jonadab" Class was recognized.

Try again. The day was April 23, so it isn't the issue date of one of the New Gospels.

__

Focus

("Jehoshaphat" Class)

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

On April 23, 1933, Judge Rutherford personally first broadcast over a special Watchtower chain of fifty-five powerful stations his now world-famous hour lecture “Effect of Holy Year on Peace and Prosperity

• Focus
    Focus

... is the right answer!

Now, ThomasCovenant, having confidently established your own, demon-inspired credentials. could you explain to the ignorant "Great-Crowd-Reject" Class (i.e., the populace of JW.net) the enormous significance of this earth-shattering address?

What was made clear during it, that had escaped the attention of mankind for over 1,500 years?

__

Focus

("Jeroboam" Class)

• blondie
    blondie

The (WTS) Gestapo was established in Germany...

*** w66 10/15 p. 635 Disturbance in Symbolic Sun Distresses Earth ***

A LIGHT THAT FAILED

That the plague was truly on, and the fact that the “sun” of this world would not bring help to the people, it was the privilege of Jehovah’s witnesses to declare on the occasion of the so-called Holy Year of 1933. Pope Pius XI of Vatican City, who was a Concordat partner of dictators Mussolini and Hitler, proclaimed 1933 to be a holy year. At its inauguration on April 2, the pope held out hopes of peace and prosperity as a result of observing that year as holy. But President J. F. Rutherford of the Watch Tower Society, only three weeks later, namely, on April 23, 1933, broadcast an hour’s address on the subject “Effect of Holy Year on Peace and Prosperity.” WBBR, Staten Island, New York, was the key station linked with more than 54 other radio stations. This exposé of the Holy Year was transcribed on phonograph records and a broadcast of these was made the following June 25 over 158 radio stations. An excerpt from the president’s speech stated:

“ . . . With all kindness and sincerity I remind you who listened to the ‘Holy Hour Service’ held in New York on the 2d of April that the name of man was there exalted by frequently using and applying to men such terms as ‘Holy Father,’ ‘Your Eminence,’ and ‘Your Excellency’; whereas the name of Jehovah God, His King and His kingdom were not mentioned at all. No reference was made to God’s expressed purpose of dealing with the human race by and through His kingdom. . . .

“The act of declaring this a ‘holy year’ for the bringing in of peace and prosperity is a presumptuous sin before Almighty God. No man or company of men are running Jehovah’s business so as to enable them to ‘change times and laws,’ and it is so stated in Daniel 7:25. . . .

“ . . . Peace and prosperity cannot be brought to the earth by men, but will come by God’s kingdom under Christ. . . . ”—The Golden Age, as of May 10, 1933, pages 483-490.

-------------

I was blown away by what the seven trumpets meant, and then changed to mean, etc.

• Focus
    Focus

Well, dear blondie, I must commend either you or your Search function - but it is the wrong answer. I already stated, in the original post, that it had nothing to do with Germany. I anticipated your Search.

A hint - the answer is more to do with the Achan and Achar Classes.

The Effect of Holy Year on Peace and Prosperity talk was a very long one, even by the standards of the pompous, conniving drunk who delivered it. A man who may even have been gradually poisoning Charles Taze Russell, whose death on the train exhibited some symptoms not only of syphilis but of gradual arsenical poisoning.

I propose Lenin:Stalin == Russell:Rutherford, but I may explore that later, and it has nothing at all to do with this matter.

So, why was April 23, 1933 such an earth-shattering date, then? Scholars? Wannabe's?

__

Focus

("AF" Class)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Blondie, what were the seven trumpets previously symbols of...before the Revelation book that is?

• blondie
    blondie

Focus, it was a joke...........Of course it had nothing to do with the Gestapo.......... (see post above other posters)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit