shepherding call

by DesirousOfChange 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

what I've experienced is be as evasive as possible. make yourself scarce as possible. should they keep insisting, make up something why you can't meet with them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good show.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Meet with them, agree to everything they say, make a good show of it all, and then go on about your merry way. That way, you get yourself a few more months, at the very least.

or . .. . . .

Meet with them, tell them that you are suffering from depression, and then go on about you merry way.

or . . . . .

tell them any hint of TTAT and expect your wife to rail against you if she doesn't already know you are struggling.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I would continue to try to evade them until the CO and DO leave. My guess is the locals will lay off after they're gone.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

i would just lie to them and avoid them by pretending like you have the flu during the week, that way any family can verify that to the CO and DO

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

you don't owe them anything, btw

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome to the board. This has happened to me.

Don't go to the meeting (if youare inactive, what makes this special?)

It isn't a matter of humility like your wife says. They are just some dudes. She doesn't know that yet.

It will be a waste of time, and they WILL get you to say something about how you really feel. Does your wife know how you feel?

Just let them know your family won't be available for a visit. YES....FAMILY. Becaise them meeting with your wife without you.....no bueno.

When I say this happened to me....I mean EXACTLY. I thought about it for a minute.....but then I simply told them I wasn't going to be around, maybe next time. You know how often a CO and DO come to the hall? There will be no next time. They tried to tell me it was special, and I explained I appreciate that but nothing can be done. Sorry guys. But I'll catch you on the flip side. Much love.

And that was it. MUCH EASIER than you feel like its going to be. Say no. Do it nicely. Explain to your wife no good can come of it and that you showed them respect so it doesn't cause an issue.

Otherwise you loose a couple hours, risk not being able to bite your tongue, and they will guilt you or your wife or both onto doing something else.

Those guys are busy when they are in town. If you dont go to meetings, they won't see you. Plus DO's won't exist in a couple months anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit