Meet The Mormons - UK TV This Evening

by cofty 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• cofty
    cofty

I agree the singing is appalling.

Now they are going door to door. It brings back memories.

"It don't interest me" is the average Lancashire response.

• cofty
    cofty

They are given a partner and must be in the same room at ALL times. They go to bed at the same time and must get up at the same time.

The only time they can be in different rooms is when one of them goes to the toilet.

They get paid £29- a week for expenses and are expected to contribute £6000 to the cost of their mission.

• cofty
    cofty

They are set the goal of making 4 converts per year.

Now they are being asked about the magic pants! They don't want to talk about it.

• nugget
    nugget

Josh looks mentally distressed. Their living conditions are as basic as they come. I also was surprised to hear that the missionairies are unpaid but expected to contribute £600 to the mission.

I am sure the maths for the accommodation, starvatioin rations (£29 per person per week to include food and haircuts) means the church is making a profit.

So the church pays £3016 to feed the missionaries but receives £6000 from each missionary that equates to £2984 profit per person on a mission.

• cofty
    cofty

No books, radio, TV, cinema, internet - complete cultural isolation.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow!!!! Effectively no information from the outside world for 2 years.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Josh looks so sick.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

very similar to the jws....controlling....conditioning....indoctrination....regulation....isolation...very scary on a larger scale. what a waste of youth....

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Jesus was in America?? Did he retire there after his preaching stint?

• nugget
    nugget

No privacy they are constantly in company of other mormons. The constant pressence of the elder listening in and his clinging missionary partner (friend) does not show the religion in a good light. You have seen a happy healthy young man deteriorate through this process. If I was his mum watching this programme I would have serious concerns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit