I Am Celebrating 6 Months' Sobriety Today

by agonus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Yay for me!

Please take a minute to visit my blog and leave your comments: benpogge.blogspot.com

Have a good one!

• cofty
    cofty

Brilliant effort. Stay strong agonus.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulations! Six months is a milestone. I will hit nine years at the end of August, they've been the best years of my life.

• cofty
    cofty

I checked out your blog. The painting looks excellent. Couuld you please post it here when it's finished?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Congratulations, firstly for being so open and accepting your battles and secondly for reaching 6 months.

Kudos to you x

• agonus
    agonus

Cofty,

Thanks and you bet. I should have it finished sometime this weekend.

Ben

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

congrats !!!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Congratulations, Ben Pogge (“agonus”)! You’re doing better than I am right now. I’ve gotten so many of those 24-hour “desire chips” due to relapsing that it’s not funny. And, unfortunately, I relapsed yet again fairly recently.

I realize that I’ve started to think mistakenly that since I’ve already relapsed so many times, what would it really matter if I just gave up? Also, upon observing all the terrible evils in the world which people do deliberately to each other (such as fighting, torturing, murdering, raping, stealing, etc.), I’ve caught myself mistakenly thinking that, compared to all of that, I might as well give up because going back out drinking could never be as bad and rotten as all those other bad things people are doing.

But now I keep telling myself that I should never give up – regardless of all the relapses I’ve had, regardless of all the worse evils I hear about going on in the world, and regardless of the way I have been treated and judged by others – regardless of all of that, I have to just forget the past wrongs and mistakes of myself and others and just let the past go. I have to make sure that I just keep my side of the street clean, . . . . and, of course, NEVER GIVE UP!

All I can say to you, Ben, is to just keep going on the right path for you and keep working at your sobriety daily. There is no “magic bullet” to cure alcoholism. Sobriety is a constant journey on which one must keep walking, one step at a time, one day at a time.

Take care, and all the best of luck to you.

• breakfast of champions
  • Laika
    Laika

Good work! I wish I could go 6 months sober. :( I don't know you, but I'm proud of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit