Any Change In Your Donations Since Tithing Arrangement?

by jw07 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Has anyone who handles accounts noticed a change in the amount of donations coming in since the new tithing arrangement? At my hall the number of usual donations are currently at around 1/4 of what they usually are for the past 2 weeks!

Time for ANOTHER local needs part on donations. The last one was around 2 months ago. It's been a sharp drop, the usual case is that the amounts increase after local needs parts, slowly trickle down over the course of 5-6 months, and then back up again after ANOTHER local needs part.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Wow, that's great news...I hope it's a part of a wider trend.

• cantleave
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Isn't this the travel season for a lot of families? Summer vacation and all that. Probably meeting attendance is down and so there are less people there to donate.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

My wife who is still active donates about 20 to 50 dollars a week. It comes from her own income. I donate nothing.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I still donate the same amount as I did before the new arrangement - ZERO!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

The WT might well have a few $billion in reserve, but when "sales" for any company dwindle, expect more consolidation.

If this lack of donating is a trend, expect many more "simplified arrangement's" [tm].

• jw07
    jw07

@The Searcher - HA HA HA! I've increased my donations by 500%, too bad I was donating $0 before as well.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

No change. I still donate $0!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I never, ever donated any cash. I was a skint pioneer, bit aside from that part of me always felt like I didn't want to be duped, despite giving my youth away, dumb sod, I was super hesitant about donating.....I remember equating donations with a flashing thought of... 'if this is a con...'

I guess in truth I probably put in £20 max over my 24 ish years in the JW's. Thousands of pounds of work hours though.

I am very interested to see if this new arrangement spikes these feelings in others. BTW is this in operation in the UK yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit