Marrying a Black Person

by ThomasCovenant 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

It's a parody of the Watchtowers prejudice ;)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Do guys have this stuff memorized or what? Wow!

Yep, I did recognize the paraphrased quotation right away, and I'm sure a number of others did too. I don't know that it's something to be impressed by. More like we are mentally diseasedobsessed

• cantleave
    cantleave

Superb

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I was raised in the borg and was even a pioneer as a teenager, but honestly I must have blocked out most of what I had memorized. Every once in awhile I catch myself quoting a NWT scripture or humming a Kingdom Melody and I have to slap myself!

Now, I just can't stand to read the drivel! Once in a while I read something someone digs up on here, but usually, I can't read it all without feeling sick to my stomach. And I want to know what the latest "new light" is so I can understand them better. It just all sounds so ... CULTISH ... now.

• Demokan
    Demokan

Is he a racist? I am bi-racial myself. . . -.- nothing wrong with inter marriages.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Compare the wording in the first and third posts. The OP is very creative and well done.

• Demokan
    Demokan

Oh I get it now. It kinda sounds similar to the honour killings commited in India, thanks dft!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well done. I realize this is only semi related, but I had an annointed woman tell me it was wrong to marry my then black girlfriend.

I was a true believer, and this woman was not treated as a crazy one, but as a legit one. So I was a bit shocked (early 20's). I appealed to the basics. Things like, equality, Jehovah loving everyone equally, no colors in heaven yadda yadda.

She was very beligerant, and told me I had to "read between the lines" in the magazines, and develope a spiritual view of the ministry. After all our kids would be "mixed", and our presence in the ministry would be a distraction and cause some not to listen.

I wish that would have helped me wake up back then. It was disturbing, but I kept on going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit