My Open Letter to the WTS

by braincleaned 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Watchtower-Free
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat

"Ambassadors substitution for christ" is a Biblical phrase. It's found at 2 Corinthians 5:20. On that basis, I'm not sure what your point is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Ambassadors substituting for Christ"? They actually said that???

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Braincleaned - How you became an atheist I do not know - But you can

have any idea you want since you have free will and your own mind.

I am just saying; telling them you are an atheist will reduce your credibility

and lower you in their estimation and they won't even "get it"

Its difficult to go from Biblical arguments to "I am an atheist" in the

same letter, thats all I am saying. Your first premise was brilliant, in

pointing out they fail their own criteria and fail as Christians.

You had me at; "embezzlement of Christ’s authority as mediator"

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Old Goat:

2 Corinthians 5:17 So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away—look, what is new has come! 18 And all these things are from God who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and who has given us the ministry of reconciliation. 19 In other words, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting people’s trespasses against them, and he has given us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His plea through us. We plead with you on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God!”

This was NOT about a "select group" It was for ANYONE

- it is a message of reconcilliation

for ALL mankind through Christ - NOT through a "governing body"

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Villagegirl, if I may -- I don't need for them to get it. As I said above, this letter was aimed on other than the Borg. (See comment 1080)

Besides, it is because I know scripture well that I am atheist. And it makes just as much sense that I enclude these two thoughts, than it would for a vegan to refer to carnivor's words and reference.

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

Braincleaned, that is a great letter and I'm glad it has already helped people.

It makes sense to me. It points out where the GB is going against their own supposed beliefs; it doesn't detract from its meaning if they are not your beliefs.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

In my opinion by this time next year Bethel itself will have cancelled the ministry and the JW religion.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Haha! I wish, right Ocean1111? :D

Nonetheless — they will have to face the fact that for over 130 years — while claiming to be chosen and benefitting of the Holy Spirit — they have NEVER been right on their predictions. Not ONCE. Their only strength is to have been capable of demonizing enquiry... of turning apostates into villains serving satan. Fear. That's where we need to push.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit