My Open Letter to the WTS

by braincleaned 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

^ I agree, after the first sentence it will be tossed. That's why I'm not writing a d'a letter. I know nothing I'd write would go farther then maybe the first 2 lines. I know they are evil and we know they are evil, telling them they are... ah not so much. they think and always will think they are the right hand of god. sometimes getting it out on paper is mentaly helpful. But well written anyway.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

BTW, it was the July 2013 WT, not 2012.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

might be better to write a letter using the real name of a real local elder.....might raise a few eyebrows..ha!..and naughty..

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think they will make it to the second sentence.....but don't let that stop you from sending it.

On a side note......do these people not have a general inbox for e mail? The only way they receive correspondance is through snail mail?

• Demokan
    Demokan

They probably scrapped your letter afterwards.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

They ignore letters like this one. But writing it may make you feel better.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Oh they will dismiss it for sure!
    After the first phrase, they will yawn and chuck it along with all the other rants they get. Unmoved.

It was a cathartic letter for me. And many who have read this have already thanked me for learning about the GB taking the place of Jesus. They did not know.

So if my letter helps shake some off the fence and help them walk on their own, then my letter has made a point.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I was explaining to those who did not know (quasi everybody), of your embezzlement of Christ’s authority as mediator to all humankind. Flying in the face of 1 Timothy 2:5-6, this presumptuous stance was first disclosed in 1986

This above observation and scripture sums it up beautifully. Well done.

Then you kind of lose the impact when (after being outraged that they actually usurp

Jesus Christ and replace him with their arrogant selves) which is so true, but then

you "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and throw the very existance of God

out with this:

I am unafraid of you or your non-existing and horrific god

So your initial outrage at not accepting that Jesus is the mediator for us all,

is meaningless becuase you spit on Jesus and say he does not exist ?

Prehaps you could instead say, the Bible does not mention a "Governing Body"

and therefore it is they who do not exist ? And you might add their claim to be

the "sole channel" is "horrific" and makes them "the man of lawlessness"

and the Anti-Christ ?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Braincleaned, I hope someone will read it from the WT$ but from everything I have heard they don't give these letters to the GB. Sometimes writing your feelings out like you did can really help get the anger out. I wrote a letter too but never sent it, I may send it some day but for now it is still on my IPad. I did feel a little better once I got my angry feelings on paper.

I also hope you can teach your children critical thinking so they can use their own mind to research the WT$ and I also hope you can make sure they get a college education. The odds are on your side with 3/4 of the youth leaving the WT$ so your children have a real chance of staying out.

Villagegirl gave you some excellent points to make your letter have more impact.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I agree Villagegirl.
    Also, yes — I am an atheist, so the point in my comment about the non-existing God is in the following context: that they have nothing on me. I thought this over, trust me.

And yes Aunt Fancy... I am doing just that... and they are leaning on my side of the debate. ;)

Again, this letter has already helped some. It won't change the Borg's stance — they will keep on protecting their scam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit