What new books are released this year?

by EndofMysteries 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

A relative called and said another relative called them and mentioned some book about the life of Rutherford and Russell.

Is this correct? I wouldn't be surprised if they were publishing more 'white washed' information to try to diffuse the facts people are learning when doing real research.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

I saw one of the Releases, it was very cheap looking, the quality of their products is going down hill quickly!

Their quality is like the Auto-Trader magazine style, what are they doing with all the money they are begging for?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

EoM, search the forum for "God's Kingdom Rules!". It is indeed a history of the org., similar to the Proclaimers book but much smaller (Society: "Phew, this means we don't have to print that huge mother anymore!").

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree that they will only present a sanitised version of Russell and Rutherford!

There won't be any comments about their wacko teachings and selfishness!

• VM44
    VM44

"God's Kingdom Rules!"?

And the book talks about "Pastor" Russell and "Judge" Rutherford?

Sounds like the title should be:

"The Watchtower's Kingdom Rules!"

Also, the title of this new book is too similar to that of the old "Babylon The Great" book which had "God's Kingdom Rules" in its subtitle.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yep, it does cover Russell and Rutherford, then it goes into how the modern day org. works (e.g. where the money comes from, though I'm willing to bet they don't mention their investment and real estate activities), and then it covers their end times expectations in the final chapters. I haven't had the time to read it, but that's what I picked up by skimming it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm sure its another opportunity to say that Rutherford said "millions living today may never die" instead of what he really said.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I like it. I'm up to chapter 7. It is not meant to replace the Proclaimers book and it refers the reader back to that book several times.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

factfinder - you like it? Is it accurrate? Are they leaving out all the bad details? Do they tell only the good 'true' details or do they change things around?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit