No Blood windshield stickers

by HappyDad 21 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I just walked back from getting my mail and happen to walk right by an automobile that belongs to the JW's who live in the end of my building. The sticker in the low left of the windshield caught my attention so I stopped to read it. It was a sticker that said......ADVANCED MEDICAL DIRECTIVE.....NO BLOOD! In the center was the circle and the line that crossed out a drawing of a blood unit. I didn't read the rest but I'm thinking it said "In Case of Accedent".

Has anyone ever seen these before and is the WTBS giving them to the sheeples?

These people are strange to say the least.....not hardly saying anything to anyone in this complex. But every few weeks they have their FS group gather in the community center on Saturday morning before they go door knocking.

So happy I am out!

HappyDad

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I have never seen a sticker like that. Their witness friends probably think that they are a little bit wacko.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What's next....a tattoo on each arm ?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I think it's only for show (or perhaps a new loyalty test). I don't see how any emergency responder would trust such a decal on the car. How do they which occupant of the car put it there? How do they know it isn't intended as satire, wasn't a prank or an act of vandalism? Is it signed, dated, and witnessed? What if the driver has borrowed the car, or is a mechanic test driving it after repairs?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A medical directive has to be in a form prescribed by law. I'm unaware of any jurisdiction where a decal on a car would be binding. It wouldn't make sense on its face. What about passengers? What if the person driving borrowed the car from someone else?

It might, however, serve the purpose of alerting medical staff that the people in the car might have executed a directive in proper legal form.

In any event, it seems redundant. They would almost certainly search their wallets/purses, where a properly executed directive would be found.

My guess is that the decal idea was started by a field service supplies company. Once someone buys it, other people at the hall don't want to be left out, so it catches on.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

As far as I know they are supposed to keep it in their wallets or the glove compt. with their registration and insurance papers. This must some over zealous zombie who wants to be known by everyone that he is a JW. Bearing Witness so as to speak.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

And I am sure in the event of a serious accident, the paramedics will say, "WAIT! We have to go read their bumber stickers and window decals first!"

• Magnum
    Magnum

I, too, don't think it's official.

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, I see I misunderstood what the windshield sticker meant. I had hastily concluded the witness family who owned the car had converted it into the organization and now expected the car to loyally refuse blood in the event it was involved in a smash.

Many thanks for the correction! I am now less puzzled.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If I get the chance without being found out, I will try to get a picture of it and post it here. They might know someone who can make decals since that is what it most probably is.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit