G.B. TALK URGING CHILD BAPTISM!

by The Searcher 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

The youngest I have ever seen is 6 years old.

Holy cow! That is ridiculous! I was baptized when I was 10, and I thought THAT was young!

I am still on speaking terms with family about everythinge except JW things. About a month ago, my 14 year old neice got baptized. They didn't tell me. I found out by seeing her baptismal pictures on Instagram. My heart sank when I saw them. She is so young. She has no idea what she has done, and what consequences her baptism will bring later on.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Pure INDOCTRINATION to turn yourself or your loved ones into WT free working drones.

LL

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

the teachings of the WTS are total BS, but I don't agree that learning to sit and be attentive for a couple hours is cruel.

If you don't think dressing a 5-year old in a suit and punshing him if he doesn't sit still for 2 hours is cruel, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't agree that learning to sit and be attentive for a couple hours is cruel. I think this teaches maturity to kids, and respect. - Walls

I could not possibly disagree more. Making children sit silently for hours week in and week out for years is child abuse.

Are you a born in? Did you go through years of that sort of treatment?

• Mum
    Mum

They need to put a couple of 6-year-olds on the GB to offer some insight and perspective.

• steve2
    steve2

A desperate ploy to beef up declining worldwide baptism numbers.

This lunacy raises the question: If a heavily pregnant woman is baptized, is the unborn child baptized by proximity to the event?

• VM44
  • VM44
    VM44

This picture can cause one to have nightmares!

• millie210
    millie210

Wow. He is SO arrogant isnt he?

I never heard him speak before this. I guess I expected some nod to humility - but no.

Just incredible.

• blondie
    blondie

So in the Bible does any young person of 6 or under make a personal choice to serve God...Samuel does not count, the choice was made for him.

*** w07 3/15 p. 16 How Hannah Found Peace ***

As soon as the boy is weaned, I must bring him, and he must appear before Jehovah and dwell there to time indefinite,” she says. When Samuel is weaned, perhaps when he is three years of age or somewhat older, Hannah takes him to live at Jehovah’s sanctuary, just as she vowed.—1 Samuel 1:21-24; 2 Chronicles 31:16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit