What is the JW Mindset?

by losingit 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws think they are special because they think they are sanctified by being more righteous in the eyes of god

and how do they reach that self assuming stature ?

The WTS trains or mentally indoctrinates them to think that way, in a way the WTS offer a insurance policy against being destroyed at Armageddon.

No wonder JWs always seems arrogant and apathetic to concerns of others , they are trained to think they are the right path

to salvation and a earthly paradise that they alone will be awarded.

Mostly everyone in the world will be destroyed , they on the other hand will live on into eternity.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have noticed that a lack of boundries is prevolent in the mind set of a person involved in high mind control, which is the JW.

The characteristics list should be more about high mind control than only JW. JW is a high mind conrol organization, and there are other high mind control organizations with similar characteristics among the members.

A conditioned lack of empathy, lack of trust of anyone one the " outside" and so many others, are comon traits.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Since my first post in the thread, disclaiming the idea of a "JW mindset", I have to say that sparrowdown's comment has given me pause:

I think one of the many disturbing aspects of the JW mindset is the belief that they have to "save" everyone they meet.

I t is so liberating to realise you are NOT responsible for what other people think and feel.

I know now where I end and other people begin. It's called having boundaries and I like it. Helluva load off.

I hadn't thought about this before. This is thought-provoking.

• Laika
    Laika

I was going to say the same as sparrowdown. The idea that I'm exclusively on the right path and anyone who's taken a different route has to urgently be converted to my view for their own good! No thank you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quite a few have commented on the importance of boundaries. This is an important topic for everyone, but especially for JWs and ex-JWs as we have or have had our boundaries routinely violated.

sparrowdown: I know now where I end and other people begin. It's called having boundaries and I like it.

nonjwspouse: I have noticed that a lack of boundries is prevolent in the mind set of a person involved in high mind control, which is the JW.

apognophos: I hadn't thought about this before. This is thought-provoking.

Here is an excellent thread on the subject that I think you will appreciate:

Relationship Issues: Boundaries, Freedom of Choice and Codependency

I like to bump this thread whenever the subject comes up; it's just that important!

• jhine
    jhine

Cofty , you suggested this thread in the first place , and said that you had an idea about what a JW mindset is . I notice that you have not commented yet . What are your thoughts ? you kicked this whole thing off on the other thread and seemed to feel very strongly about the whole subject .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit