"New Light" discretely slipped in on the 2014 regional convention: Paradise in heaven.

by EdenOne 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The speaker identified the "third heaven" as the Kingdom that was born in 1914. He also said since Paul called it a "revelation" ( ἀποκαλύψεις ) in 2 Cor 12:1, it had to refer to something in the future from his time. No proof offered for those statements. (The word occurs at: Luk 2:23; Rom 2:5; 8:19; 16:25; 1 Co 1:7; 14:6, 26; 2 Co 12:1, 7; Gal 1:12; 2:2; Eph 1:17; 3:3; 2 Th 1:7; 1 Pe 1:7, 13; 4:13; Rev 1:1)

There was also the typical arrogance: "We" (including the audience) have a new understanding. "Jehovah has given" it to "us"

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It baffles me how "We used to understand..." is easily erased with "We now have an adjusted view..."

"We used to understand that rain came from the clouds. We now have an adjusted view, after considering 1 Kings 8:35 and having clarification on the heavens ability to close, we now know that rain comes from the moon."

They just nod along like they have just received the biggest insight ever. It's funny and yet very sad.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Is this Third Class heaven like a Third Class ticket? Where is the Third Heaven (or 1st or 2nd) in outer space? I had thought Heaven was one, infinite place. Now, it's partitioned like baseball and blood fractions? Can one be in all three heavens at once, or is that glutony?

And, is there a Seventh Heaven? Is that going to be new light in another four years? Because, I'm waiting on Seventh Heaven!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah... Ol' "snooze-test" Loesch and his hair slipped that in before anyone noticed. Hey-ohhh!!! ( rim shot) I'll be here all week!!! So "paradise" which was always strongly asserted as ONLY earthly, has now become heavenly as well. They still desperately cling to "naos" as referring to some earthly realm. So the carrot of earthly paradise is their pre-conceived " cherished error" that MUST survive.

Watch the 144,000 to become symbolic in the next decade or less.

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don't think its anything to do with a new heavenly hope ,thier just explaining away a verse in the bible that may get ones to wonder.

• free2beme
    free2beme

What I find so funny about this, is what I always find funny in all Christian religions.

State something without any supporting facts or evidence, and the masses will accept this without a doubt.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Rev 2:7 has been understood to be paradise in heaven.

*** w09 1/15 p. 31 par. 1 Highlights From the Book of Revelation—I ***
    2:7—What is “the paradise of God”? Since these words are addressed to anointed Christians, the paradise here must refer to the paradisaic heavenly realm—the very presence of God himself. The faithful anointed will be rewarded with eating “of the tree of life.” They will receive immortality.—1 Cor. 15:53.

2 Cor 12:4 has been understood (at least 1952-2014) to be spiritual paradise condition that exists among God's people

Luke 23:43 has been understood to be earthly

These are the only three of four mentions of paradise in the Bible that we can look at. The fourth is in Song of Solomon and is used in a sensual sense.

That 2 Cor 12:4 has changed to mean three paradises is quite silly. Paul said the man was in the third heaven not the third paradise.

In context, the three above mentioned verses with the word "paradise" all talk about a heavenly paradise.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Watchtower Society in denial tinkering around with decorations on the chairs while the titanic sinks.

• blondie
    blondie

(2 Corinthians 12:2-4)

I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven. 3 Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows— 4 that he was caught away into paradise and heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak.

So what was the old light?

*** w04 10/15 pp. 8-9 Paradise—For You? ***

A Vision of Paradise

4 In this connection, note what the apostle Paul wrote: “I know a man in union with Christ who . . . was caught away as such to the third heaven. Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows—that he was caught away into paradiseand heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak.” (2 Corinthians 12:2-4) That passage comes right after verses in which Paul defended his apostleship. Moreover, the Bible does not speak of any other person who had such an experience, and Paul is the one who tells us of it. So it was likely Paul who had this vision. In this supernatural experience, what “paradise” did he enter?—2 Corinthians 11:5, 23-31.

5 The context does not suggest that “the third heaven” refers to the atmosphere around our globe, nor to outer space or to any parallel universes, as postulated by astrophysicists. The Bible often uses the number three to represent emphasis, intensity, or added strength. (Ecclesiastes 4:12; Isaiah 6:3; Matthew 26:34, 75; Revelation 4:8) Thus, what Paul saw in vision was elevated or exalted. It was spiritual.

6 Earlier Bible prophecies offer us insight. After his ancient people proved unfaithful to him, God determined to let the Babylonians come against Judah and Jerusalem. That culminated in devastation in 607 B.C.E., according to Bible chronology. Prophecy said that the land would lie desolate for 70 years; then God would allow repentant Jews to return and restore true worship. This occurred from 537 B.C.E. onward. (Deuteronomy 28:15, 62-68; 2 Kings 21:10-15; 24:12-16; 25:1-4; Jeremiah 29:10-14) What, though, of the land itself? During those 70 years, it became a place of wild vegetation, of parched areas, the habitation of jackals. (Jeremiah 4:26; 10:22) Still, there was this promise: “Jehovah will certainly comfort Zion. He will for certain comfort all her devastated places, and he will make her wilderness like Eden and her desert plain like the garden [or Paradise, Septuagint] of Jehovah.”—Isaiah 51:3; footnote.

*** w04 10/15 p. 10 par. 9 Paradise—For You? ***

While apostates prevailed and seemed to overshadow them, true Christians could hardly be likened to a flourishing garden. Yet, the time would come for true worship to be elevated again. God’s people would be restored so that ‘the righteous ones could shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.’ (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43) That actually came to pass a few years after God’s Kingdom was established in heaven. And with the passing of the decades, it becomes very evident that God’s people enjoy a spiritual paradise, which Paul foresaw in that vision.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I simply cannot grasp he twisted logic behing a "threefold paradise" that Paul would have seen in a vision. How does one "see" such a thing? Wouldn't Paul break it down for us, if that was the case? This explanation is utter nonsense, and scripturaly unsupported [where's a 'spiritual paradise' in the Bible?] - except that the WTS is introducing the concept of "paradise in heaven" in its theology, perhaps for future developments.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit