"New Light" discretely slipped in on the 2014 regional convention: Paradise in heaven.

by EdenOne 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

2014 Regional Convention:

On friday, on the last speech of the morning, (the "key speech"), a Bethel member slipped in some "new light" rather casually, without much fuss. He mentioned the out-of-body experience of the apostle Paul, in 2 Corinthians 12:2-4, where he experienced being "caught up to the third heaven ... caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible words...". The speaker then tied this text with Revelation 2:7, that speaks of the reward for the faithful chosen ones: "To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." The speaker then asked: "What is this paradise that Paul saw and Revelation mentions?"

He then explained: 'We used to understand the "paradise" seen by Paul as the "spiritual paradise" that exists among Jehovah's people, the Jehovah's Witnesses. But now we came to an adjusted understanding [his words] of this passage" [in other words, "new light"]."

The Bethel speaker then explained that the "paradise" seen by Paul is a three-fold reallity: a) A paradise in heavens that will be the reward for the 144.000 anointed christians; b) the present "spiritual paradise" among Jehovah's people; c) the future paradise on earth. He repeated this twice for good measure.

This explanation was slipped in very quietly and without any fuss; at most, it lasted a couple of minutes. Most people didn't even took notice of it, as everyone was getting ready for the lunch break. But wait - isn't this a HUGE change? So now, for the first time, the WT allows for a paradise in heaven?? What next? All christians will have a heavenly reward? :P

What do you think?

Eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

EdenOne: What do you think?

Thanks for a thoughtful and thorough editorial.

That being said, this is what I think: WT "theology" is complete and utter nonsense, they have to keep inventing "New Light" just for the appearance of being progressive to compensate for the fact that nothing real is happening, at least not in the area of genuine spiritual enlightenment.

What IS happening is that the WT corporation coffers are getting fat by ripping of the JW R&F membership.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow, that's worth me sneaking into a convention to hear on a late Friday afternoon!

I think you should write/call Bethel and/or ask your elders for further understanding. Are you sure you heard that right? That means that the Catholics are going to make it into the New System too. What happens next? Do the Catholics have to convert to JWism before the 1,000 year reign is up, or be put into the abyss? If that's the case, then the preaching work isn't so dire afterall. You can now skip the Christian houses and just focus on the Islamic, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans, etc. Just fly all those JWs to Iran, and let them go "door to door" there!

Skeeter

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Oubliette,

Certainly you won't find me championing for the WTS here. But I wanted to report that the WTS is apparently changing one of its core teachings : an earthly paradise where the faithful will live forever. The first step towards the change is to allow the notion of a paradise in heaven. They just did it. Quietly. So that nobody will ask many questions regarding this (huge) doctrinal change.

I think it's another subtle shift towards a more mainstream christian theology.

Eden

• prologos
    prologos

The writers of Revelation or it's editors must have known wt was coming: for

The Tree Of Life is plural,

they are In the New Jerusalem, which

Comes DOWN from Heaven.

so, you have it all, take your pick.

• trujw
    trujw

You actually hit it right on the head. Lunch was coming up. I care more about their doctrine than jws do. I would say 90 percent of the people do believe but this is more of a social club than about what day in October Christ began ruling in heaven. If tomorrow they said generations overlap most would not even notice. Wait sorry that already happened.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The butt of all Comedian jokes on JWs is, "JWs believe that only 144,000 of best of them of going to heaven, so that's why they won't leave your door."

Now, the JWs will say, "No, all Christians can go to Heaven."

The Comedians will say, "Flip-flip".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't they have people assigned to monitor the contribution boxes? I don't think you will get away with it, and you could even get arrested. I don't think it's a good idea.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

EdenOne: I think it's another subtle shift towards a more mainstream christian theology.

A kinder, gentler religion?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lisa, I think you posted on the wrong thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit