big accident at Warwick construction site

by oppostate 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

So sad to hear about anyone being hurt on a job site. The Society does own cranes. Their operators a very skilled.

Too bad though so many are there working for free. They feel it is a privilege to be there. I did.... Oh well

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sure this will be kept hush-hush....at least the GB want it that way. WTF can they possibly say about this on the 144,000 Club???

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Construction is a high risk occupation. There have been plenty of accidents at Watchtower that just aren't talked about. They take lots of safety initiatives, but it's not like there are guardian angels flying around the site.

Similarly, a crane tipped over at Patterson working on one of the residence buildings. The weights of the tilt-up panels are painted on them so the operator knows what he's dealing with. A panel was heavier than what was written on it. Crane operator lifted it and started to travel when "timber!", over it went. It was a Watchtower crane. They uprighted it, fixed the crane and the boom.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

July 2010 - Victoria B.C. Kingdom Hall build.

VICTORIA - A crane operator is in the hospital in Victoria tonight, alive but badly injured after an accident on a construction site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPiZ00FoPA

• Pete Zahut
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Perhaps hiring an educated engineer to help them out would solve their problem. It's amazing what a little education can do.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

July 2010 - Victoria B.C. Kingdom Hall build.

Because the volunteers worked without payment, Work Safe B.C. would not conduct an investigation. The local building committee of JW's in Victoria said they would conduct their own investigation and forward the results to the Branch Office in Toronto. I'm sure Watchtower Headquarters in Canada gave the report all the attention they think it deserves. That's one document I sure would like to have a look at.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

NEWS FLASH:

Volunteer church worker dies while refusing a life saving blood transfusion after being impaled in a horrific crane related accident.

DD

• oppostate
    oppostate

It's really amazing that the WT is allowed to do their own policing and insurance. It's like letting the fox take care of the hen-house!

I don't think government agencies are fully aware of the shenanigans the WT Society pulls when it comes to insurance.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    a crane tipped-over?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit