Question for Faders

by Daniel1555 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hi Friends

I have some questions for all who are fading.

When you move to another congregation, do you attend some meetings in the new congregation?

Do the brothers and sisters in the new congregation know you? Do they come and ask you out for field service?

Or do you move and not attend any meetings?

Do your friends in the old congregation know, that you maybe don't attend the meetings in the new congregation?

Looking forward to your experiences.

Warm greetings

Daniel

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

What you do is up to you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I haven't moved so I don't have a personal story. It seems it c all depends on your situation. If you have no reason to be concerned, then you wouldn't attend the meetings. If you had family at the old hall who would be asked about you, it would typically be best to attend at the new location just long enough to get the ssecretary to forward your records. That can be done in 1 to 2 weeks. But best not to attend too much.

If you want records forwarded but would like to disappear, give a wrong address and use a throw-away cell number. Then get your records sent and stop attending.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Daniel personally in my case i dont accept the labrel of " fading". As far as i am concerned one day i woke up, decided i didnt want to attend meetings any more as i had come to the realization it was a cult. So i simply left. I dont accept their label of " elders "either, and treat them as i would any other door to door salesman who knocks on my door unsolisited.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you move and you do not want to be bothered by JWs anymore, I would think you would not want to go to the KH again maybe just go to the Memorial every year to "please" your JW family that is still in the organization. It is up to you.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thanks for your answers

• whathappened
    whathappened

Make a break for it. I quit old turkey and am loving my clean conscience...not living a hypocritical life anymore.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I didn't attend the local congregation. I thought about it, but when I went by and saw what a depressing, old, windowless building it is, I couldn't imagine wasting a minute in that hellhole.

• monis1
    monis1

i have heard of people changing congregations, moving their publisher cards, attending a few meetings and then saying they have to move again (due to work, school, etc). then they move their cards again and never have to attend. it sounds pretty foolproof to me.

good luck :)

• phats
    phats

Way to go Billy,

Your treads do make me laugh.

Hope you're starting to feel better.

Phats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit