If it weren't illegal...

by Rattigan350 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I was listening to a circuit overseer's talk and he mentioned about how a sister wanted to simplify. She had a couple of dogs. Then he related that she said that all she had to do was get rid of the dogs. I heard a gasp from the audience.

I then thought that, if it weren't illegal, COs would encourage JWs to get rid of their children.

What other things would they do if it weren't illegal?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They had an article (I am serious) about how back in the day, family members stoned their rebellious members and how it isn't legal today to do that to family members that leave Jehovah (DFed).

• clarity
    clarity

Here is a quote from the Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower

" Questions from Readers

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?-P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such
    members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated
    for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness
    of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him;
    thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards
    the hand of all the people.

And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought
    to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall
    hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is
    in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being **** limited **** by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent
    with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through
    Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of
    our own flesh-and-blood family relationship."

Nice HuH?

• designs
    designs

Sell your pets, send the money to Wt..

• cofty
    cofty

I love it when COs say silly cultish things like that. You know it had to be somebody's wake-up moment.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

some in our cong are not going to the international convention 1000 kms away as they have no one to look after their pets.

So, some wise ass elders have actually told them "you will not get into the new world if you love your pets that much that they stop you from serving Jehovah"

BUT isnt the new world all about "panda patting"??

Cr@p people say....makes me irate!

• Magnum
    Magnum

I swear I feel hate for some JWs when I hear this kind of stuff.

Here's where they're wrong. One of the fundamental points of Chrisitianity has to do with the fact that higher beings were willing to suffer and sacrifice for lower beings. That is, Jah allowed his son to come to earth, suffer immensely, and die for lower creatures (Joh 3:16). And the son willingly did it. According to JWs, we humans are created in the image of God, so we should be like him in having empathy and compassion and love for creatures lower than us. And these creatures are not as low compared to us as we are to God.

So why are to we view dogs and cats and other such animals - animals who have emotions and can feel emotional and physical pain and discomfort - as just objects that can be discarded? It's inconsistent.

I have some animals that are so attached to me and their home that it would severely traumatize them to find them new homes if I even could do so. And if I could, it would just take away potential homes from some other animals that need homes and might be homeless and starving or living in cold, loveless shelters and will soon be killed.

The JW leadership is cold, mechanical, heartless.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Raised in a uber witness family that was the sort of cr*p I grew up with. I remember thinking, over my dead body.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

The gravity of what is implied in this sentence has hit me like a ton of bricks.

How evil!

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such
    members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated
    for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

MOSAIC LAW 101: God is Love. And he wants you to kill your kids so that he can show you how much he loves you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit