If it weren't illegal...

by Rattigan350 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Pay taxes on their self-employment.

Oh wait, they already do that.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I then thought that, if it weren't illegal, COs would encourage JWs to get rid of their children.

So many people don't have children because of this cult. Either because they pioneered, went on the circuit or stayed in Bethel until they were too old to have children because the big A was just around the corner.

Don't forget those who couldn't have IVF because it involved 'murder' according to JWs 25 years ago, discarding some of the embryos during the IVF process to give the more viable ones a chance. So they did encourage people to get rid of their prospects to have children. Absolutely wicked and something that has affected my family personally, my brother and sister are both childless.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Children can be baptised, puppies cannot. Children can up the hours and be counted. Puppies cannot.

Wait till they grow up and get their own mind and their own conscience, THEN shun them if they don't conform. Easy peasey. As good as dead.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

That `questions from readers` article is so odd on so many levels. I looked up the verses cited and it’s not really talking about apostasy the way the WT defines it anyway. The verses they quote deliberately omit the part about worshiping other gods. How many people get kicked out for apostasy defined by idol worship? Not that I think stoning to death is ever acceptable as I don’t. I just had to point out that the verses they use don’t support in any way the points they make. The idea of drawing people away from Jehovah is contextually linked to idols and other gods and getting others to do the same, in a time where tribal identity was how ancients civilizations held order and governance together. Plus a tribe wondering about in a wilderness before getting a home land hardly seems like a shining example of the ideal “theocratic nation” whatever that would be anyway. It is all very strange paranoid behaviour from the WT even if the article was in the 1950s.

Certainly it seems that many would have been better off by never reading a bible in the first place in terms of acting with morality in their own minds.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Throw your dogs away today because you'll have lions tomorrow in paradise.

Sounds very logical starting from their premises.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Too bad those pesky laws get in the way of a good stoning, I am sure there are elders out there who would enjoy it immensely.

And take fluffy and Fido to the pound, you are wasting money that could be sent to us. So what if your kids are crying their eyes out, it will teach them the value of putting Kingdom interests first, it's never to soon for the little whiners to learn that their "feelings" are not important when it comes to the needs of a publishing company for more donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit