My logic and emotions are in a turmoil. Need specific help please

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I am not an artist and have a hard time drawing a straight line with a ruler. However, I can distinguish a work of art from otherwise.

Likewise, I still do not know everything spiritually the way I would like. However, I can distinguish a lie from truth. The Bible says God CANNOT lie. I therefore find it absurd that He would then turn around and encourage HIS earthly organization to lie, lie, lie.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I know from past conversations that you see no opportunity for a gracious exit (it's your elderly parents, right?). I still think it would pay to develop some sort of exit plan just so your mind and your body can have some relief.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "I guess if anyone can help by sharing some brief key thoughts, I would appreciate it..."

For me, finally acknowledging to myself that the WTS was an authoritarian high-control group...

...that fact alone - more than any other reason - is what ultimately disqualifies any claim of legitimacy that the WTS makes, no matter what they may base that claim on.

Why? Because the origins of all the Org's inherently negative aspects (intellectual dishonesty, institutionalized sexual abuse, draconian rule-enforcement, etc.) either directly or indirectly stem from that fundamental defining characteristic, and as such, are permanent and unfixable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit