My logic and emotions are in a turmoil. Need specific help please

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Thanks for starting this thread mister, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the constant internal chatter, and the old brain getting flustered when confronted with demands for facts...

Some good suggestions up there, I really need to start creating a file of my own, once you've researched AND WRITTEN your own stuff it sticks in the mind easier. Flipping Teflon skull casing...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree DHoH!

Its so hard to keep one's head on while all these facts and conclusions and 'alarm bells' are ringing!

I'm not a dumb guy...but I know I am drowning in all of this....

Its so great to know that we are NOT IN THIS ALONE! So many others have gone through, and are going through almost identical journeys!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I still get the constant internal chatter but it's a lot less intense than it used to be. When you're in the thick of the JW routine, mixing in JW social circles, with JW family, you have sources of irritation on many levels (i.e. the mindset and beliefs) which set off all that mental chatter.

When it was at its worst, I found it helpful to do something enjoyable and entirely different that would put the brain on 'idle' for a while. Walks in the park, messing about with the kids, reading a novel, watching silly tv, going to a movie - anything distracting that helped temporarily shut out the cacophony and jumble in my head. It's OK not to have the answers immediately. It's OK not to know where you stand on issues. It's OK just to take a break and enjoy the simple pleasures of everyday life.

When I would start to feel shaky because I was no longer in the JW box on so many issues (being 3rd gen., there's a life-time of conditioning to overcome), I'd mentally focus on one thing only: 'Jerusalem did not fall in 607, therefore the Org's not what it claims to be, therefore it's open season on all of their teachings.' Pick your own deal-breaker issue and repeat internally as necessary when things get overwhelming.

• DJS
    DJS

Stuck,

I get what you are trying to do, but developing a spread sheet, IMHO, will simply wear out your brain matter. The Borg will always have something in their doctrine whine will attract you or make you go 'hmmmm.'

I closed the door completely and quickly based on 4 things:

1. The GB does not and never has had any special knowledge. All of their prophecies have failed miserably and their history is replete with ridiculousness.

2. The bible isn't and never has been the inspired word of god.

3. The Borg destroys families.

4. The Borg robs individual choices/freedoms/consciences from its followers.

The minutae and details were krink kronk. Insignificant. That's all I needed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good points DJS!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

What stands out to me is the blatant use of mind control techniques in their writings.

Loaded language everywhere, thought-stopping at every turn, and absurd leaps of logic.

Questioning and debate are not allowed.

None of this would be necessary if you actually had eternal truth as they claim.

-TE

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

1. Jehovah calls Jesus God. Jesus is higher than the angels so he can not be Michael. Hebrews 1:1-8

8 But about the Son, he says: “God is your throne+ forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.*

So John 1:1 is wrong in the NWT. and the WORD was a god it more right tHe WORD was God.

I am not Trinitarian just saying there something not right about the JW teaching.

2. Making Jesus out to be lower than the angels and claiming he is many angels! Just wrong!

He is the reflection of God’s glory + and the exact representation of his very being,

3. Jesus wants everyone to partake whereas JWs only want a selected few. John 6.

4. Confessing ones sin is not a disfellowshipping offence. Just not in the bible.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The good thing about a list is it takes that stuff out of your head.

Temporarily "checking out" and distracting your mind for a while sounds like a great idea. I use mindfulness meditation, which can be very simple. The breathing technique works really well (suggested by a poster here).

http://mindfulnesshamilton.ca/meditation-scripts

• Giordano
    Giordano

I reached a point where the smell of a fresh WT magazine made me nauseous and a pious public talk would make my skin crawl.

At some point in time most of us realize that we really didn't believe what we thought we believed. Thats' the time to exit/fade.

• DJS
    DJS

TTATT and Giordano,

Ditto. My last few years in the Borg several of us would make fun of the controlling language and suggest possible WT articles based on how they would attempt to control the sheeple with loaded questions, nouns and adjectives. The last few months of my Borgian existence the control was no longer fun; it made we want to vomit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit