If the new Governing body Saunderson was baptised in 1975 - you could be anointed too

by bruh2012 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Someone mention on another thread about the newest- youngest Governing Body member- if he is anointed being baptised around 1975 why wouldnt anyone else baptised around that time be anointed too!

Right ??? or since the call to be anointed ended in 1935 teaching became no more with new light - is it random choosing now???

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I don't know the answer to your question, but I am more disturbed by the fact that he was baptized a few days after his 10th birthday.

I mean ... did he claim at 10 to be of the anointed? Exactly when did he decide? How long before he became a member of the governing body did he decide he was anointed? 2 weeks before? 2 years? 20 years before? It would be interesting to know.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Any adult JW could be anointed. Jehovah chooses them.

"For there are many invited, but few chosen." (Matt 22:14)

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Partake are not to partake?

Why not research your bible and see what Jesus said.

I believed the WT 144,000 class only until I was about 35! 144,000 class or the one guy you mentioned.

It is the same thing just fewer partakers.

I believe Jesus opened partaking up to a mixed multitude who represented everyone. Jewish rejected him and everyone left. But does that mean we as Christians should reject Jesus?

Maybe you should start with reading Jesus sayings telling everyone to partake five times!

The WT is like Satan who wants people to believe only the opposite of Jesus words.

Did Jesus ever say" You do not need to partake to gain eternal life?" Only Satan would convince Christians to not partake.

The new GB arrangements and the WT are just non Christian because the point you are making! I guess you thought something out,good for you.

But honestly it just crazy cult thinking one must go through to wake up.

Did Jesus tell people to not partake?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Yes many who already knew the king were invited. However, the ones who came to the wedding were not of the kings list,invitation!

The many who were orginally invited were not interested!

Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ 10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Both bad and good!

The arrangement was done! but they rejected the Kings invitation!

Watcher assumed it Adult Jehovahs Witness yet how could strangers on the highway be from the same sect!

For there are many invited, but few chosen." And that few were good and bad as guest the choosen.

Watcher you can assume what you want when it comes to this parable.

Partaking has nothing to do with this parable! So your entire concept is really under WT influences and not Jesus Christ.

" The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come."

Watcher good try!

Partaking was offered to the multitude a mixed crowd with everlasting life. :-)

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

awatcher - you have been deceived by the WT to think you cannot be part of the body of Christ. All Christians are "anointed" with holy spirit, every single person.

I Cor 12: ...13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. .....14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
    5 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. ..............27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Village girl good point!

Here was my thought! And I personal think these scripture place more meaning for the Last Supper symbolic representation. Jesus says WHOEVER not just some! There is no class system. John 6

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 ForI have come down from heaven, not to do my own will butthe will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and motherwe know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— 46 not that anyone has seen the Father excepthe who is from God; he has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will givefor the life of the world is my flesh.”

52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh ofthe Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread[ c ] the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 Jesus[ d ] said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

To answer bruh2012's question, the calling is no longer considered to have ended in 1935. One explanation for newly anointed Witnesses is that they are replacements for others who strayed from the course before death. Sanderson could even be a replacement for a replacement.

Wild_Thing: I'm sure he didn't claim to be anointed at baptism. No one claims anointing at age 10. That could have come at any time later on, perhaps as an elder, CO or whatever.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I mean ... did he claim at 10 to be of the anointed?

No, it was at 11.

Except the first few times that he partook, instead of wine and bread they gave him milk and cookies.

Rub a Dub

• designs
    designs

You should partake only if you hear those special voices in your head...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit