Religion vs the gospel

by Fernando 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Brown
    James Brown

Designs I am 62 myself.

Congratualtions making it this far.

I thought Perry gave more than one biblical proof of the trinity.

I respect that you don't interpret it that way. Thats on you.

Isaiah 43:11 “I am Jehovah and besides me there is no savior.”

If you consider the whole bible, which is recommeded by many,

If Jehovah is the savior and Jesus is the savior that is at least 2 parts of the trinity.

• designs
    designs

Ask a Rabbi JB, nothing in Isaiah refers to the Jesus character. Everything about Jesus in the NT proves he was not the Jewish Messiah.

When I went back and connected with my Jewish roots all of that became very clear. After that I left religion for good.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Designs, I don't think you want me explaining my faith to you here.

So I wont.

• designs
    designs

You can if you want. Glad to discuss it with you. Your call.

• James Brown
    James Brown

First of I wouldn't go to a rabi to explain Christianity.

The Jews rejected Jesus and God and it hasnt went so well for them.

Of course as I see it they had no choice, but still I would not drink from that well.

• designs
    designs

REjection of Jesus was because of Jesus own doing, nothing he did was according to Jewish beliefs about their Messiah. The Jews did not reject God. Jewish persecution over the past 20 centuries was carried out almost exclusively by Christians. The Christians bought into the anti-semitic propaganda of the Gospels- "His blood be upon us" something the Jews never said.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The proofs in the pudding.

Whoever was doing the persecuting it didnt go well for the Jews.

God works in mysterious ways.

If Jewery works for you.

Good luck to you.

Shalom ( שָׁלוֹם )

• designs
    designs

You completely missed the above memo didn't you....

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Laika

Yes, I agree, as I'm sure many who attend more moderate churches with less authoritarian hierarchies, are permitted to, and actually do hear directly, frequently and distinctly from God.

Sometimes even despite contradictions from those that presume to speak for God.

However, due to our fallen state, giving prominence and authority to a central body or person is fraught with danger. This is where the arsenic often gets into the honey.

It is no accident that so many (who should be soldiers or warriors for the gospel of grace) are lulled into spiritual passivity and mediocrity - in what some describe as the "greatest indoor spectator sport in the world"...

It is religion's fault that in more than 40 years of door knocking, in Christian countries and communities, not a single person ever shared any part of the gospel, in any way, with me at their door. (Not that the gospel is exclusive to Christians).

All it took in the end was a dead easy and ridiculously simple question: "Please Fernando, could you explain to us what is the gospel, in one word?" The rest as they say is history (including the Watchtower organisation's hold on our family).

• Laika
    Laika

Hi Fernando, good post. I also think there's a danger in a spirituality that's too individualistic though, we can learn from each other.

I'm pleased for you and your family. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit