It's Ironic

by cassuk11 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

That many people have turned away form believing in God but are happy to worship sportstars,celebrities,themselves,possessions ,money etc etc. Whats it all aobut

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Do you ever watch TV documentaries cassuk? Most mammalian groups have alpha males and females. It's a survival technique, the strongest males protect the group and father the strongest young. Looking up to celebrities is a spin off from that.

If by worshipping themselves you mean making themselves happy instead of feeling that they are disgusting debased sinners in need of redemption then I am all for it. Psychologists realise now that we need to look after ourselves first, then our families, then our friends and work colleagues and then give to charity or do voluntary work if we have any resources left.

Religions that tell us to put ourselves last have severely damaged our mental health.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Xanthippe, I could fall in love with a woman like you

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's all about mental freedom. No more servitude to a condemning belief system that worships a fantasy being to thier own detriment.

• cantleave
    cantleave

At least sportstars,celebrities,themselves,possessions ,money etc exist, unlike your mythical sky daddy.

- Remember Satan loves you

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cantleave beat me to it. Dittos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit