Farewell from Confused and Alone

by confusedandalone 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CAA,

It sounds like you're ready to take the next step in your life. Best wishes.

And, by the way, I second what DOC said:

FIRST, please please an update on the JW you hired. What's happening with that?

SECOND, think about checking in once in a while perhaps. Updates on those successfully moving on is a great encouragement.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had a long comment typed but lost my connection. Anyway, I don't often read the goodbye threads but I appreciate what you say. I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I would leave JWN myself except for my family connections. I hope that you enjoy your life and your time away from the keyboard.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I've enjoyed your posts And wish you all the best! hoepfully, we'll meet sometime as I'm in SWFL. I completely get your comment about being black and agnostic/atheist And how rare it is in many black families. My ex husband was agnostic when I met him and after reading dawkins, Hitch And Sam Harris feels pretty comfortable as a black male that doesn't think he ever believed in god. Despite our marriage ending over 10 years ago, he was probably the most excited person I told about my waking up and leaving JW last year.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSED AND ALONE:

Sometimes it's time to move on and I wish you and your family all the best.

I thoroughly enjoyed your story and think you are a smart, personable guy. Like you, I also realized I have no interest in the stupid religion's latest releases, etc. because I'm not going back either!

Good luck!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Best wishes for the future for you and your family.

So happy to hear that you are going back to school to get your degree. You are now the master of your fate....instead of the WTS doing the "research" for you, you will dig into knowledge. I hope you find it fascinating, and never stop learning. (After over 30 years in-I went back to school and earned a degree in History at 60 years old)

When you do finish the degree, please let us know; if any other milestone event happens in your life, fill us in.

• talesin
    talesin

All the best! It's good to leave it all behind.

I was SO happy to read you shall finish your degree! That is great, wonderful, I am grinning.

xx

tal

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Congrats on being finally able to let go. It will take a while before we can finally recover from the years of mental torture n being exploited n lied to. We are on our way to recovery and so far, life outside the tower has been Awesome!

• bigmac
    bigmac

all the best CCA--already another new one has joined.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I wish you well. If you ever head out to San Diego, drop me a line and we can have that scotch.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

One last thought....

With all the help you received here, how it helped your wife, settled your journey, and showed you that there were others like you while giving you the validation you need to be empowered......if those same people didn't stop in now and then and give back to the community that helped them, it might have been different.

I pop in mainly because I owe this board (in my mind).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit