Farewell from Confused and Alone

by confusedandalone 48 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I use to hate when people who made goodbye posts on message boards. Why would they think that just because you no longer post on a Chevy Truck forum or a Los Angeles Lakers forum the world would crumble around those still left there. This place is definitely different. Because of what many people who are/were Jehovahs Witnesses went through we often tend to think the very worst when we no longer hear from them. Many times we wonder if they have harmed themselves, maybe they have been harmed! Have they returned to the group have they moved on. Without knowing specifics it can often times cause people to worry either necessarily or unnecessarily.

Sooooooooooo, I have decided to say farewell to this board and thank everyone for the time we spent here. Looking back on the last 4 years of my life I realized that although I was attending meetings and an elder I was not really a JW anymore. I had stopped going out in service and lied about my time. I didn't study and didn't really care for the so-called spiritual needs of my family (as if those useless books were a real indicator of ones desire to upbuild their family). I wanted to get out but just didn't have the co-sign from anyone or anything to validate my feelings and to help me take that step.

When I stumbled across this board I found just what I needed... validation. All those points in the literature I thought were insane were spelled out right here as well as freeminds. I gravitated here because there was much more chatter than any other board or site I attended. I also began to open my mind to new ways of thinking that made me feel very uncomfortable but ultimately led me to accept the very thing that I always knew... I was not a believer in the bible. I really did not want to be the only Black Atheist/Agnostic/heathen (lol) in my family or community. In the black community it is really really really looked down upon. Coming here and discussing things with certain people made me realize that I need to just accept my true feelings/beliefs and start living my life.

I had the initial fear of losing my wife and my kids and my aging parents and my brother and my sister and all of my friends. However I was willing to accept that because with only 80 years of life and at the time 36 of them gone, I would rather be true to myself, accept the consequences and start over if necessary. Fortunately I was able to keep my wife and kids and my sister. I have lost the rest, but it no longer hurts and I have made a and continue to make new friends. More importantly , after giving Watchtower the finger and leaving I feel as if that stigma of being a JW is something I shed and they have no hold over me. It feels great and it is time to move on.

FOR ME, moving on means leaving here, in the sense that constant posting is no longer an option. In the beginning I needed to mentally vomit all of my previous beliefs and thoughts etc... here so that I could lay them out on the table and see and display who I really was so that I could see where I was going and where I wanted to go. Then came the day when posting here became a detriment to me. Not just the time spent here, but once Iwas mentally free and physically free from Watchtower bonds - spending so much time here reading and posting about the Watchtower began to pull me back into meditating on the bad they had done. Really, why do I care about the latest release, or videos of the International Convenntions etc... when I know I will never go back. It was as if I was just reliving the pain and anger and my life was moving backwards. This brought to mind the words of a poster here whose example has encouraged me beyond compare (MYTHREESONS). He said to me on facebook about a year ago "One day at a time...let go a little bit everyday. I know since I haven't been on the forums...I've moved on even more."

The time has come for me to really just let go of what is my last connection to the JWs, www.jehovahs-witness.net . I would like top thank you all for listening to my ramblings and for challenging me when I needed it. In particular:

Cofty - I literally hated you and if I could have found you in my first few months here I would have run you over with my car then backed up over you and but it in drive andparked my front tire on top of your head. I hated your science and reasoning, your were a prick. Yet, it was the same stuff that caused me to finally accept what I felt but due to y cultural constraints I was afraid to voice. I still say If you are ever in Florida please swing by and I promise not to run you over.

Terry - Your insightful posts helped me, but more importantly I printed out a number of them and left them around for my wife to see. They were the key in helping her breakaway and I am forever grateful.

Lisa Rose - At a time that I was extremely angry and felt that no one would ever understand what I was feeling... you did and the comfort was truly appreciated.

LoisLane - I really appreciated speaking to you about the things we spoke about ROFL. You have my email so I hope it continues!

Snakeface - You are the coolest! Nuff said!

OntheWayOut - Your story really helped me more than you know. Not to mention the fact you are just a nice guy.

villagegirl - you may not remember the things we discussed, but you also wher ethere at a time that I needed it

TD - You slapped me around in my thread about the apostle Paul being a failed Jew. Your words in that thread made me go to the library and I spent about 3 weeks involved in research the likes of which I have not engaged in since my time in school. That venture also made me realize I am ready to finish my degree and helped lead to me re-enrolling to finish my degree. Thanks ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/266373/1/IS-it-possible-that-Paul-was-just-a-failed-Pharisee-that )

There are a few more people that I would like to thank but I feel this has rambled long enough.

Thanks to all of you for the past year and a half. I wish you all the best and may you all truly find the freedom you deserve.

CONFUSEDandALONE signing off

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Makes utter and total sense Confused and Alone.. I wish you all the best in your life. Go live it.

Peace.

• snowbird
    snowbird

May you and yours find and keep all the good things you deserve.

I'm sorry for calling you a dummy.

Blessings.

Sylvia

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

confusedandalone ...

I first created my account here over 12 years ago. (My WildThing account says 11, but that's because I changed my mind about using my real name, so created a second account.) I still have to peek in every once in a while. I still have quite a bit of contact with my family that is still in, and so I still need a place to vent and marvel at the new stupidity I see on a regular basis. I have taken long breaks from this board ... sometimes very long breaks (years), but it is a good place to find some people who understand why you are STILL dealing with their dysfunction.

My point is ... move on. It's healthy. But give yourself permission to come back when you need to.

Good luck!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Awesome post. Have a great life free form the mental prison.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It was nice chatting to you CAA, all the best. A fine example. Love to your family Kate xx

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so happy for you that you have moved on to the point of not needing us anymore. I hope everyone gets to that point eventually, I guess you can really say you are no longer confused and alone, which is as it should be.

Take care, and drop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see this as a big step in moving on. Congrats!

FIRST, please please an update on the JW you hired. What's happening with that?

SECOND, think about checking in once a year perhaps. Updates on those successfully moving on is a great encouragement.

Thanks for all you contributed here.

Doc

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Freedom. For REAL.

We look forward to making this same 'final' step soon.

ginger

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Good for you, man... good for you! Best wishes whereever life takes you.

~LQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit