Evidence of Ocean of Water in or under Earth's Mantle.... Will people now state this to be proof of the Noah Account?

by adjusted knowledge 29 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey James,

The flood is a moral and logistical nightmare. From the fact a 450 ft wooden box could not be sea faring, to the fact that even if there were only enough species to fill the ark then we would need a rate of evolution of 11 new species (only from the ones known), to get to almost what we know today.

In addition, this water in the mantle as ADCMS's video points out, isn't enough to cover the mountains. If there was no everest, meaning Everest was only HALF of its current height, then we STILL would not have enough water.

Add to that the salt and fresh water fish mixing problem. Add to that the Kangaroo and Koala problem. The Galapagos Island problem. The food on the ark and passangers not dying from methane gas problem. The amount of rain needed to fall in 40 days problem. The fact that mountains take millions of years to form, and that we can see sedimentary layers in them to know if one just "popped" up. The age of polar ice cre samples with air bubbles. The fact there are ant TREES AT ALL. Green things can't live under water for a year.

James this was a story I had a hard time letting go of. In particular because flood legends abound in all cultures. It made me think there must have been something to it. But it would require God to be a conspiracist who did something, but then removed all logical evidence of it having been done. But he hasn't done that with anything else. Dinosaurs for example.

An earthwide flood would be an extinction event, that would require evolution even on a micro level to basically reset millions of years. This happened 4000 years ago?

Come on James.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Also dogs.......WE selectively bred dogs to be as they are. This was not a natural process, and was very hurried along by human beings.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JB is in good company with his ignorant dog/evolution comment:

The nuts Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort once used the banana as "proof" of a God. Saying the banana was perfectly designed to be used with human hands. They failed to mention that the long yellow banana we all eat is very different from wild bananas. We domesticated the current banana is very different from human influence of breeding.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I understand what your saying problemaddict.

It is a hard story for me to let go of.

It goes back to the begining of history in Sumer.

In the epic of zuisdra.

And alien intevention in seeding earth.

Not only do I have to let go of the bible but I have to let go of recorded history to dismiss it.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I have actually read that article and it's titled inaccurately to attract attention. It is not an ocean of water, but rather a large depsit of minerals that could much water. Or something like that... It's definately not just a story about a giant ocean underground.

• kaik
    kaik

People should re-read the article AGAIN. The original article did not mention any water in liquid form, but trapped in mineral and pressured under extreme heat into new material. There is nothing new that oceanic water gets under the mantle. Look into subduction zones around the Earth where deep tranches move oceaning floor deeper into the crust. The water above gets pulled and trappen in mantle. Majority of the subduction zones are accompanied by volcanic arcs where some of the water get released as well.

Past 150 years various researches were on Mt. Ararat looking for arch from Russians to British, Germans, Japanese and others, and they have not find anything on it. Ararat is not extremely difficult to climb, various remote sensing techniques were done over its tiny glacier which is about ~3 SQM2 and no trace of arc was ever produced. Global deluge is myth, it was produced as a moral story to be discussed around tribal camp fire.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

So the flood happened when exactly? All but 8 survivors on earth at 4000 b.c. right?........right?

Wouldn't this be evident SOMEHWERE in the history of civilisation? No?

Sure every people has stories of floods.....you know why? Floods exist! That is different to saying every people has a story of a GLOBAL flood.

Also people live on tectonic fault lines, that's where civilisations settled, it is where water flows due to the geography, that is where the soil is good because of the water, land is green because of the soil, animals eat and drink there because of the vegetation and water... that is also naturally where humans headed. Fault lines are prone to change, including...flooding. so sure every people has stories of floods, we always will have and always will see flood stories... the news doesn't go more than a month without a huge flood somewhere on earth.

• jam
    jam

An interesting read, "Nebraska under water", history and

stories of Nebraska. Nebraske became the home of camels,

monkeys and elephants, tigers and little horse after the sea receded.

Lets' see, 4500-5000 years ago, I don't think so.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Coral reefs are very sensitive to temp changes of even a couple of degrees not to mention changes of salinity. The earths major coral reefs pre-date the supposed global flood by thousands of years. Ice core samples and the study of tree rings also fly in the face of the global flood. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I can see that taking this account literally is not logical.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

JWs still teach that the earth had a vapour canopy prior to the flood. Seriously. It was actually reiterated by some nutcase on the platform at the recent RC. So JWs won't likely be jumping all over this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit