Evidence of Ocean of Water in or under Earth's Mantle.... Will people now state this to be proof of the Noah Account?

by adjusted knowledge 29 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

"The transition zone can hold a lot of water, and could potentially have the same amount of H2O [water] as all the world's ocean."

http://news.yahoo.com/found-hidden-ocean-locked-deep-earths-mantle-181204475.html

I figured when people read this that there will be those claiming proof of the flood story. Sure enough in the comments section of this article the claims began.

• galaxie
    galaxie

The account of noahs flood is more than that of water.

The totality of the story details can be proven beyond doubt to be not literal.

Any discovery of vast amounts of water if founded , will have zero correlation to noah.

Best wishes .

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I have seen photos of the shell of a large wooden ark on Mt Ararat from miles up over the course of years. Some years the glacier covers what could possible be an ark and some years the glacier is melted away a bit and an ark is clearly visible.

Sorry, I don't have a link, but if you google Noah's ark photos, you would be surprised [or at least I was]

• sir82
    sir82

I betcha this shows up in an Awake "Watching the World" some time soon.

• prologos
    prologos

well, the ice is melting everywhere, as it uncovered, for example, the 5000 year old "iceman" in the southern Alps.

was he one of Noah's descendants that was trying to chase a kangaroo that had gone the wrong way after exiting in Ararat?

after all Turky to central Europe is favoured migration route now.

Water under the mantle? at that pressure? at that temperature?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

but if you google Noah's ark photos, you would be surprised [or at least I was]

Really?

How many times does a "Noah's Ark" "discovery" have to be debunked as a hoax before people become less gullible to this nonsense?

Noah's Ark has allegedly been 'discovered', not by satellite images, but up close and personal, a dozen times, yet not one person thought it was a good idea to bring back any evidence.

Any alleged photos have also been debunked as fake...everytime.

To those that swallow these stories whenever they surface: "there's one born every minute"

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Laboratory studies have shown that the mineral can contain water, which isn't present as liquid, ice or vapor; instead, it is trapped in the ringwoodite's molecular structure as hydroxide ions (bonded oxygen and hydrogen atoms).

As far as I know some creationists suggest that there was an entire layer of pure (by pure I mean: not component of another mineral) liquid (or solid) water that could have burst into the Earth's surface.

The article doesn't support this view. Creationists - and other people who are trying their best to show sceintific evidence to support the flood story - should stop waiting for miracles to happen.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I also hope somebody will finally calculate how much water was needed to fill up the Earth till the Mount Everest. They say there were no such high mountains before the flood but stating that a world wide flood made the Himalaya is just absurd.

Such huge amount of water can't just disappear. Anyway, I'm just saying it's not that bloody simple as they might think.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I also hope somebody will finally calculate how much water was needed to fill up the Earth till the Mount Everest

It's been done....and the Flood is mathematically is impossible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5svTzxVa-xQ

• jgnat
    jgnat

Then there's the problem of the kangaroos.

So....where's the accounts of the multiple ice ages in the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit