Just letting you know I passed the exam

by will-be-apostate 33 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Hi, my apostate friends.

A couple of weeks ago I asked for some advice regarding studying methods. Then some of you asked me to let you know my score after I take the exam at mineralogy.

I scored 90%. I'm pretty happy with it because the exams I take are not in my native language.

If I keep up with the good scores I might get a scholarship and then bye bye Watchtower society. :)

Ultimately everything I do now comes down to my final goal: to get a usefull degree and move to an English speaking country so that I can get rid of my jw past as much as it's possible = to live a normal life. So far everything goes according to my plans. I'm also getting some web projects to complete (I'm a freelancer webdesigner and developer). I feel I'm getting more and more independent. Life is good right now.

Thank you everybody for your support. This is a priceless community.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

well done!

But, of course I cant associate with you as you are a bad person for going and doing a university course...wicked....

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Congrats! Set goals and accomplishing them will improve your life. What country do you live in now?

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Hey, thank you.

Stackinarut2, you might be surprised what other sins I have in my backpack :D

Adjusted knowledge, I'm from Eastern Europe. Where are you from? (don't need to say exactly if you don't feel comfortable with it either)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fabulous job so far. I am glad your plan is working out. Having a good exit plan always leads to more happiness when you actually exit. I am in the UK. Are you going to try the UK for work?

Kate xx

• talesin
    talesin

That is a great score, and congrats! Especially if the test is not in your first language, English is NOT easy. Good on ya!

I'm not sure what fields are open to immigration in Canada, but if you are interested, it wouldn't be hard to check.

:)

tal

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I'm open to UK, I like the way they talk English, I would like to develop british accent. I also like that climate.

I've already done the research on emmigration to Canada. Luckily there is a need for petroleum engineers - that's my major - and having a year or two experience is also a good point. I read that there is also a program for those with permanent residency; they help them find a job and rent. It sounds quite impressive.

Ahh, making plans is so much fun when you're mentally free. I can only imagine how my life would be if I hadn't find out TTATT.

KateWild, I'm planning to visit the UK. Plane tickets are relatively cheap nowadays. Do you live in London?

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, well, with a degree in that, you will have your pick. Wonderful! :)

It's great to hear this, an early morning happy. Take care, and all the best.

xo

tal

• KateWild
    KateWild

KateWild, I'm planning to visit the UK. Plane tickets are relatively cheap nowadays. Do you live in London?

My parents are from London, I am from Liverpool. If you want to arrange a meetup London is best. Before you book let me know the dates and I will see if I can come too. I speak Polish too, you're not from Poland are you?

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit