ONE REASON

by snare&racket 45 Replies latest jw friends

• highroad
    highroad

Oubliette, I'm right there with you. That's exactly what I've experienced. And I've come to the same conclusion that I just don't know. Coming to that realization was unsettling at first, but it didn’t take too long for me to come to terms with not knowing. I remember only a few years ago telling my brother, who is an atheist, that if I didn't believe God existed, I would kill myself, because what purpose/meaning would there be to life? I would have NEVER imagined reaching the point I'm at now... and being ok with it.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This gem found in a 1902 Watchtower...

• Giordano
    Giordano

The complete lack of any solid evidence that a god or The god exists.

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

The very personal - and egoistic - reason of my 16-year-old self not to believe (please don't laugh at me):

Why does a loving creator punish half of the population of the earth between 16 and 60 with a monthly illness and tells us moreover to be grateful for it?

(Now I have other reasons of course)

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I believe in a living universe. Planets and stars (and presumably new life) are still being created. And I believe all living things seem to be connected somehow. Is that God? Maybe, but it's not the Jehovah I grew up knowing. In my mind, Jehovah does not exist. But maybe God does ... sort of.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's lack of credibility for the existence of a loving, interested creator. Thousands of years of man's inhumanity to man, for what? To prove a point? A test?It makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit