ONE REASON

by snare&racket 45 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Galaxie,

Yes entirely possible. Good point Kate xx

• talesin
    talesin

My awakening began at an early age, and it was all over by the time I was 17/18 YO. :)

As I grew to an age of understanding, and began to experience life outside the 'cocoon' of my core family (ie, left home), I realized that God and religion was just another fairy tale, and chose to live an authentic life, without the veil of belief casting a pall on the limitless possibilities that were available to me.

xo

tal

• galaxie
    galaxie

Thanks kate.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

My top reason for belief in God, is that to me it is the best philosophical explanation for there being something, as opposed to nothing before reason is exhausted and logic itself runs out of steam.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

We had supernatural experiences

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The inherent LOVE (not just a desire for genetic sustenance) of parents for their children.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi snare: are you talking belief in god or in the WT "truth"?

Im still deciding about god but my top reason for not believing god Is directing the WT and GBP and that they are the "True religion" is the policy on handling pedophiles and abuse victims.

• bohm
    bohm

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence before they can be accepted as true.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe in God because of what I observe in nature and in us humans.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Snare as succinctly as I can the appalling level of human suffering over millenia suggests to me that we got here by accident and the anomalous events that draw many to religion, including so-called spiritual experiences, occurrences of telepathy and NDEs lead me to the conclusion that we are still evolving, becoming more than we were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit