No TARPS Allowed (or large umbrellas).

by problemaddict 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure the WTS would point out that the Israelites stood for hours at the festivals...

*** w84 7/1 p. 15 par. 7 “The Battle Is Not Yours, but God’s” ***

Imagine, if you can, the scene there in Jerusalem’s expansive temple area: “All the while all those of Judah were standing before Jehovah, even their little ones, their wives and their sons.” (2 Chronicles 20:13) No doubt they recalled Moses’ pointed instruction on the purpose of such gatherings, as recorded at Deuteronomy 31:12. There was only standing room in that vast assembly as those families waited respectfully on Jehovah, alert and ready to do his bidding

• KateWild
    KateWild

The natives are revolting-HOAB

Hahaha they have always been revolting, they're JWs in a cult. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking I love JWs really. Kate xx

• steve2
    steve2

The things humans put themselves through for collective approval. Like, I literally force myself into tight pants I can ill afford and do not like because it gets me 10 out of 10 from all and sundry. I also expose my dear sweet soft toys to the ravages of the midday sun to avoid being accused of murmuring...although Scoobie Do manages never to stifle a distinctive murmur.

In short, parents who place collective approval over appropriate child care are worthy of neither sympathy nor medals - unless the medals are TARP sized.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Actually its a beutiful day today, but I know that convention is going to be a mess. Even at 80 degrees, its still no picnic to be sitting in the sun with no shade. Of course for the football game I would do it, but in a suit?

I never minded these conventions because I was a brother with stuff to do. So I got to walk around and feel important while not paying attention along with all the elders while moving food around or "attending". Who knows why you need a guy at every opening. Just in case apostates come in and disrupt!!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Blondie's comments do invite some further discussion about these matters.

The WTS does indeed make frequent reference to what the Israelites did, and did not do. Christians, however, would be quick to point to the example of Jesus Christ:

- and how, when speaking to the crowds of people that followed him about, he showed great concern for their comfort.

According to Raymond Franz's Crisis of Conscience, even the WTS's then president, N.H. Knorr, volunteered that the JW religion is not at all concerned with the welfare of its R&F. That is one statement of Knorr's that few of us would take issue about!

Bill.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Tarps and umbrellas will be up in full force by Sunday. Watch.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I refuse to watch. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit