No TARPS Allowed (or large umbrellas).

by problemaddict 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

1971 Dodger Stadium memories. Never Again. 3 months Pregnant a 3 year old child and terrible heat. It should never have happened. And millions of steps.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Dodger....where they would shut off the escalators so there was no choice but to climb those millions of stairs...with the strollers (banned years later), the diaper bags, the kiddies, our poor, tired, sunburned selves. Good ol' Dodger, frozen in the mornings, inferno in the afternoons!

....makes 80F in San Diego seem like a picnic, even without a tarp! :)

• watson
    watson

Dodger Stadium, 1969! 117,000 people. A sea of bright colors in the 100 degree heat.

• AnneB
    AnneB

I think we've run off with ProblemAddict's thread! :)

• steve2
    steve2

Let us not forget, brothers and sisters, the unthankful murmurings of the Israelites as Moses led them through the wilderness for 40 years.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

No tarps?

What about harps?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Murmurings..........

Oh yes I remember that old chestnut being trotted out steve2.

The seating in these stadiums was meant for 2-3 hours max not 12hours a day for 8 days.

It is a wonder we didn't get deep vein thrombosis besides the skin cancer.

The natives are revolting

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@Heartofaboy-the natives are'nt happy either.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

There is a "duty of care" issue here!

As with all schools in Australia, children are not allowed outside to play unless they wear a hat and the school provides sufficient sun shaded areas...and that includes even for short lunch breaks...

SO, with the rise in sun related cancers, the WT is being negligent in not ensuring that good sun protection is in place for its attendees... especially for a whole three days of it!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wasn't happy at the big conventions................In fact I dreaded them.

They loomed up every year & you just HAD to go or be viewed negatively as rejecting Jehovah's bounteous provisions.

There was always going to be something big announced or a special resolution & woe betide anyone that didn't go to hear it.

Do I remember anything they droned on about at these gatherings?

50 years attending & you'd think I could remember just one of the BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS other than the significance of 1975 & what it would bring to the Earth.

What I do remember is some years freezing in the stands, some years being slowly pot roasted, always being bored to tears, trying with all my might to keep my eyes open & looking somewhat alert.

The droning speakers ensured the inevitable would eventually happen...........eyes close, head drops & ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit