I'm afraid I'd be single for life

by ohnightdivine 65 Replies latest social relationships

• blondie
    blondie

I was not looking for a husband but just tripped over a nice non-jw (never been, no jw relatives, etc) and realized how much better I was treated by him than the men in our organization. I was in my late's, married 27 years now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tinder?

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I kind of find it ironic my single friends long to be married and alot of my married friends look at the single ones with envy.

Try to enjoy where you are at now. If you're single it means you can make decisions without consulting with anyone. You can do exactly what you'd like to do. You can have a wide variety of friends and always be open to meeting someone new.

Being in a relationship is great too - don't get me wrong. But there are pros and cons to each one.

I had a single friend who had been waiting to buy a house until she had found a partner. Well, after a while she decided to just buy the house by herself and stop waiting around for a "man" to start living her life. She actually is dating her swing dance teacher now.

Go out and enjoy life (wherever you're at in the relationship category). A partner will just compliment a happy life.

• Ding
    Ding

Why would anyone who knows TTATT want to marry a JW, especially one who believes the WT is "the truth"?

Wouldn't you be setting your marriage up for failure?

If you have children, wouldn't there be serious conflict over raising them in the religion?

There are plenty of good people outside the borg who would be a great spouse and bring none of the WT baggage into the marriage.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Hi Ding, yes I think I haven't made myself clear enough... I have no intentions of marrying in the 'truth' anymore. :D

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Try mighty V8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit