I'm afraid I'd be single for life

by ohnightdivine 65 Replies latest social relationships

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A gf told me eHarmony rejected her. A profit making company turning away business. I could not help myself but I could not stop laughing. Of course, I apologized and asked her how she felt. She was happy about it. Time and money wasn't wasted. I recalled my eHarmony app and asked her if she told the truth. She told the truth. I thought you were supposed to tell them what they wanted to hear. It is some company that turns away business.

• sarahsmile
  • prologos
    prologos

Why is the other option not discussed here? gender neutral marriage is legal now, so who needs to be single if there are all these better choices?

• rocketman
    rocketman

SoWhatnow, what I'm saying is that women who are younger, thinner, and prettier are naturally going to be more attractive to men.

If a guy wants to date older women, fine. There are sites like OurTime.com that specifically cater to those who wish to date older men/women.

What bothers me is when men are condemned by women who think that a guy should, for some reason, eschew younger, more attractive women in favor of older ones.

Forrest Heathen said she found it "disgusting". I called her on that, because it's simply natural.

In evolutionary terms, a younger, fitter woman is perceived by males as more fertile, thus there will likely be more success in passing on his genes. It is natural for a man to seek a woman who looks more fit. I'm not saying he has to, or commenting on whether he should or should not. I'm saying don't condemn him for it.

• kaik
    kaik

Generally the biology works against women. There are always more women then men. Men tends to live shorter life, dies younger, more violent deaths, have higher suicide and accident rates, and lower survival rate for almost any diseases. Add significant portion of men are gay, which takes additional quality men out of dating equation. By age 30 the surplus of women are clearly visible and put women in disadvantage position. Additionally, if person lives alone past age 30 he or she will almost never manage to have relationship as the developmental stage for creation of stable union happens around 20 to 30. I have seen this happen among both men and women and among straight and gay friends. People who never had serious relationship before age 30 would not have it at age 45. One aquitance is a woman with PhD, who dedicated her entire life to career as a scientist. She never married, has no children, and now at age 45 is considering to settle down. The train has left and no other is comming down. She will be stuck to her field, which she does excellently, but will most likely never develop any relationship.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My first post here,was about the same thing,still single in my 30's. But,it turned out to be a positive thing. I doubt I would have learned ,"the truth about the truth",if I was married and busy raising children. Plus,I don't have to worry how my spouse will react to my "apostacy".

I've analyzed why I am still single to death. And there isn't just one reason. But,I must admit,I always wanted the ones I couldn't have. I still somewhat follow that pattern,trying to break it.

But,I have met some nice,dare I say,"worldly" men. And even at my age,some men can find me attractive. It's weird when the dads at the mall check me out,when it used to be the sons,but,oh,well.

I am a bit shy and reserved in person,so on-line dating,has helped me break the initial ice with a person. Anyway,enough about me.

It's a great idea to explore all avenues of meeting people,even just for friendship. You never know where it may lead.

And some are answering this question like a scientific study. People are people,everyone is different,everyone has different views as to what they find attractive in a person. I find as people mature,they do look at the inner qualities more. A person can marry the prettiest thing,but as one gets older,that can change. And if that was all there is to a relationship,it's definitely not going to last.

So,hang in there,you're not the only one still searching.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

How is everyone now? Has anyone married another JW recently, or married 'outside the truth'?

I am still single now in my mid-30s lol.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

I'm available

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Try E-Harmony

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

There are so many non JW men out there who are far way better than JW males I had seen. Provided you are ok to marry out of the JW. THis is a fact I have seen. Dont lose hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit