What did Jesus really mean, when he said he had made his Father's name known?

by Faithful Witness 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I found the following link below of great interest. It covers this very topic. I liked the point made that it was years before his children knew

his first name. They called him daddy. Does that mean they didn't know who he was until then?

I hope I get this correctly.

blog.evidenceministries.org/discussing-the-name-of-god-with-a-jehovahs-witness-elder-52913/

• designs
    designs

What developed in christianity was the Cult of Jesus.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Greek Scriptures or New Testament says the disciples were Christ's witnesses (Acts 1:8). They were called Christians by DIVINE PROVIDENCE, according to the NWT at (Acts 11:26) Christian suggests they belonged to Christ. Nowhere in the Greek Scriptures is there any hint that

they bore a "Hebrew" name. "However, if you suffer as a CHRISTian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear THAT NAME." 1 Pet. 4:16

Yet, Judge Rutherford thought he had one up on divine providence. Not content with that, he gave his followers a different appellation based on

the Old Testament or Hebrew Scriptures. See Isaiah 42:12. By using this passage and calling themselves Jehovah's

witnesses his followers have been at the forefront in an effort to minimize Christ's name! Millions have been duped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit